Don't Go

I woke up to the sounds of monitors and people talking. I opened my eyes and just saw a white, tiled ceiling. "She's awake." I heard a woman whisper. I looked over and it was my mom.

"Honey, oh my god... how are you feeling?" She asked as she walked over and felt my forehead and cheeks. "I'm ok... where are I?" I asked. "You're at the hospital sweety... you got shot." As soon as she said that it hit me and I sat up.

"Where's Zach?" I said as I swung my legs over the bed and tried to get up. "Stay in bed." My Mom demanded. "I need to see Zach." I tried to get up again. "He's fine." My Mom said as she held me down. I just took a deep breath then laid back down.

"The doctor said the baby was ok." I heard another voice say. I looked over and saw Clay, Justin, and Scott sitting down. I smiled. "I'm so glad you guys are here... but where's Zach? If he was fine he'd be here." I said looking around at everyone. My mom looked back at all three boys and they all just gave her this look. "Um.. I don't know how to tell you this but.... Zach is on life support." My Mom finally let out.

I looked around at everyone so confused until it clicked. "He's going to die isn't he?" I asked. Everyone stayed silent and tried not to make eye contact with me. "Answer me!" I yelled. "Carmen, please calm down." My Mom said. "How in the hell am I suppose to calm down when my boyfriend is hooked up to a machine and as soon as he's not, he's dead!?" I yelled again starting to really freak out.

Everyone in the room had no clue what to say. I began crying. "Zach's going to die." I let out softly. No one had a clue what to say.

...

I laid in bed and watch through out the day as everyone left. I had no idea what I was going to do. Zach's going to die, Ava won't have her dad... how am I even suppose to finish high school?

"Hey.." I looked over and it was Scott standing in the doorway. "Zach is on the 4th floor." I said then rolled over. Scott walked over and sat in the chair next to my bed.

"What do you want?" I asked. "Just didn't want you to be alone." He said. "Why would you care?" I asked rudely. Scott didn't say anything for a good 30 seconds. "I care about you Carmen." He said finally. "Don't lie to me." I rolled my eyes. "I do, I really do..I was just being a pussy the other day and couldn't let Bryce know that I actually had feelings for you. Carmen, I have feelings for you." He let out. "Not right now. Please just Zach is going to die and I need to think." I had no clue what to actually say.

 I laid there for another second thinking then looked over at Scott

I laid there for another second thinking then looked over at Scott. "If Zach don't make it... what am I suppose to tell Ava?" I asked. "She will be to little to understand." Scott said. "What do I tell her in the future?" I looked back at the ceiling. "You'll know when time is right and you'll know what to say, but don't think about that right now." Scott said then looked at the tv.

...

Scott's Pov

I waited until Carmen fell asleep then left her room and went to the 4th floor to see Zach.

I walked in the room and his eyes were barley open watching tv. I knocked on the door frame.

"Scott.. come in." He said as he looked over at me. I sat down by his bed and just looked at my shoes. "How is she?" He asked. "She uh.. she knows. She's doing everything she can not to break down but she's worried about Ava." I explained. "What about Ava?" Zach asked. "How she won't have a dad and she won't know how to tell her." I looked up at him. "Scott?" Zach said as he held out his hand.

I slowly reached mine out and put it on his. "Listen to me.. Do not let her drop out of school. Do not let her give up on herself. Make sure she's cared for, safe, and loved. Make sure Ava has a good life." He said tearing up. "No man, you can't give up on yourself." I knew exactly where he was going with this. "Don't let no one touch her. She loves swimming, neck kisses, and oatmeal cookies. She's a fighter Scott and so are you." He kept going. "I know she has something for you. No, I'm not mad. I'm not going to be here for very long so I want you to have her. Love her for me, hold her so close for me... since I won't be here to do that." He said holding in everything.

I forced a smile and held in tears. "You're a good guy Zach, always have been. I'm sorry I treated you like shit for Bryce. I will love and protect her with all I have." I explained then stood up. "Can you do me just one more favor?" Zach asked me. "Yeah." I smiled. "Let me see her one last time." He said. I nodded my head then walked out his room.

...

"Carmen... wake up." I said as I shook her a little. She turned over and let her eyes adjust to the light. "What?" She asked. "Get in the wheelchair, I'm taking you somewhere." I smiled.

...

Carmen's Pov

Scott pushed me around the hospital and took me up a elevator. I didn't know if he was bored or... but we stopped in front of a room.

I looked up at Scott and knew exactly where he had me. I nodded my head then he opened the door.

"Zach?" I said as Scott pushed me up to his bed. "Hey baby." He smiled. I smiled then started to cry. "Don't cry." He said then held my hand. "Scott, can you help her up here?" He said. Scott came over and helped me up onto the bed. Zach kissed me and I just began crying. "Please don't cry let's talk." Zach smiled. I nodded my head and forced a smile.

"Scott can you sit outside the room and give us a minute please?" Zach politely said then watched Scott walk out. "Hey, I don't want you to worry about Ava. I'm not going anywhere yet, I'm still here right?" Zach smiled. "Yeah." Was all I said. "If anything does happen... Scott's going to take care of you for me, ok?" He said. "I want you." I said then started to cry again. "You have me." He said as he held my hand. "P-please don't go." I just couldn't process it all and stay calm. "I'm here babe." He just kept smiling.

"Hey... I love you, god I love you so much. No matter what, I'm going to always be here with you. You mean the world to me and you and Ava are my everything. Don't ever forget that Carmen. You're going to be a senior after next month babe. Congratulations. You're going to be a mommy." He smiled. "You're going to be a daddy." I forced a smile to make him happy. He started breathing funny so I sat up. "Are you ok?" I asked starting to panic. "Carmen... we'll get those juicy cheeseburgers someday." He smiled. "What? No." I said. His monitor started beeping loudly then he flat lined. "Zach? Zach!" I started yelling and listening to his chest.

Suddenly nurses started to come in. "Ma'am you need to get back to your room." The nurse said as she helped me into a wheelchair then pushed me out the room and down the hall. "Zach! Don't let him die! No.. no... no.." I started crying and freaking out. He was gone...

Next update: July 3rd