More Than A 'S'

The Next Night

"He told everyone in court that it was his baby." I explained the whole story to Justin as we sat in the parking lot of the Baker's shop. "That's bullshit. Are you and Zach ok even though he said that?" Justin asked. I just sat quietly for a minute to collect my thoughts. "Zach believed Bryce." I got out then began crying. "What do you mean?" He asked. "He left me and the baby." I explained. He put his arm around me and we just sat there in silence.

"I'm going to walk home. Tell Clay I said hi." I said as I stood up then started walking home.

I walked for a little and of course by Bryce's house. Of course there was a party going on since his parents would be home tomorrow for his full trial.

"Carmen?" I heard a voice ask. I looked over and it was Scott sitting on Bryce's porch. I just smiled then started talking again. "Wait." He ran up to me. "What?" I asked as he walked beside me. "How are you?" He just asked. "I'm alright." Was all I said. "Can we go to my house maybe?.... and talk?" He asked. "I don't think that'd be the best thing for me right now." I explained. "Please just for a bit." He begged. "Ok." I quietly said. "It's literally right around the block." He smiled then showed me the way.

...

  We made it to his house then went inside. He went upstairs to let his brother know he's home so I just waited in the living room.

I looked around at pictures and there was just the cutest pictures of Scott when he was little. Baseball was really his life.

 "Hey

"Hey." He said as he walked down the stairs. "You're cute." I smiled. "What?" he asked confused. "In this picture." I looked away quickly then said. "Oh yeah." He chuckled. He sat down so I sat next to him and it was quiet for a minute. "Why weren't you inside with everyone else?" I asked. "At the party?" He asked. "Duh." I laughed. He looked down and his smile faded. "I heard about what happened in court the other day." He quietly said.

I took a deep breath and just needed to understand. "Oh, so that's why you were on the porch?" I wanted clarification. "I just-... you don't deserve any of this." He struggled to find the right thing to say. "I believe you. That's not Bryce's baby and Zach don't even deserve a baby that's his. I just wish everything would work out for you." He kept his head down. "No ones ever told me that, thank you." I smiled. He looked up and smiled.

"Scott, what do you want to do for dinner?" Scott's brother came downstairs. Scott looked back at him. That was the moment I got a good look at Scott as Scott.

 "Oh hey

"Oh hey." His brother said as he saw me. "Hi." I said. "Jason this is my friend Carmen, Carmen this is my brother Jason." Scott introduced us to each other. We both just smiled. "Maybe we can walk to a pizza place or something?" Scott suggested. "Sounds good to me." Jason said. "Me too." I smiled.

...

We finally got to Pizza Hut and had to decide what we want.

"Ooo can we get a pepperoni pizza with stuffed crust, hot wings, Ooo some cheesy bread, oh and maybe their chocolate pizza." I suggested. Jason just looked over at me and Scott laughed. "What? It's the baby speaking." I chuckled. "I'd love to get you all that but how about we stick to the pepperoni pizza with stuffed crust." Scott laughed. "Sounds good to me." I laughed. "We can make cookies when we get back to my house." Jason said. I smiled and was just satisfied.

...

After we ate pizza we walked back to his neighborhood and dropped his brother back off at home. Scott and I continued walking.

"Thanks fo actually hanging out with me." Scott had the biggest smile on his face. I laughed then looked down at my feet. How could I help blushing at his smile? "Thanks for the pizza." I responded. "No problem." It got kind of awkward.

"Look who it is!" A voice yelled. Scott and I looked over and it was from Bryce's house. I saw Zach, Bryce, and Monty start walking towards us. "We should go." I said to Scott. "Yeah." He said then we started walking away.

Suddenly we heard them quickly coming up on us. "Go away." I turned around. "Come on. Party at my place. Let's have fun." Bryce laughed. "We're good." Scott said. "Come inside or I'm going to beat the shit out of you right now." Zach said to Scott. I looked over at him in shock. "Ok we'll go." I said then walked to the house.

Scott and I stood in the living room with all the guys.

"What were you guys doing walking over here all alone?" Monty asked me and Scott. "Taking a walk." I rolled my eyes. "Awe theres my baby." Bryce came over and rubbed my belly. I scooted back so he wouldn't touch me. "Please don't touch me you bastard. This isn't your baby." I said. "Why you're a slut." Zach joined in. I just tried to not let any of this get to me. "You are all drunk, not that Bryce would be any different." I said not even caring. "Scotty! How you doing man? You're fucking her? I would too." Bryce said then let out a disgusting laugh. Scott didn't say a word.

...

Through out the night they just made Scott drink and just torture me with their stupid drunk talk. I know this all sounds stupid, but this is real.

"Can we go home now? It's almost two in the morning, I'm exhausted." I said. "Yeah, yeah." Monty said. I helped Scott up and we walked to his house.

"Alright, tonight was enough. I'll see you tomorrow at school." I said then started to walk off. "Wait, can you come in with me?" Scott asked. I just looked at him then smiled. "Sure." I said then followed him in.

He went up to his bedroom then he plopped onto his bed. "I hate them. I hate them so fucking much." He said. "Yeah.. I don't know why you even hang with them." I said as I crossed my arms. Scott got back up and walked over to me. He placed his hands on my stomach and rubbed up and down with his thumbs. "What are you doing?" I laughed. He looked up and began kissing me.

We won't begin to talk about what happen this night.