Devil

Wednesday, trial day

I put on this black dress and just looked at myself in the mirror. I tried pushing my belly in to make me look skinnier but the baby wasn't having it.

 I looked over and Zach was standing in the doorway

I looked over and Zach was standing in the doorway. "You're gonna crush the baby." He chuckled a little. I just smiled then looked back in the mirror. Zach came and stood behind me and just placed his hands on my side and pulled me closer to him.

"I'm so nervous." I said looking at him in the mirror. "It's ok, just answer questions and if you're not comfortable with it, don't answer them." He smiled then kissed my neck. "Thanks." I smiled then watched Zach walk out the bathroom then my phone went off, it was Clay.

 Clay was going to be there, it'll all be ok

Clay was going to be there, it'll all be ok. Right?

"Honey are you ready?" My mom called from down stairs. "Yeah." I shouted then took one last look in the mirror and took a deep breath. "Let's do this." I said to myself then ran downstairs.

We drove out to the Café to sit and enjoy a breakfast before I had to do what I had to do. Ms.Dempsey met up with us.

We ordered then sat down at the table and ate our muffins and drank our coffee together.

"Zach, you don't come home anymore." Karen said then took a sip of her coffee. "I stay with Carmen mom." He said. "Well you need to come home sometime." She got irritated. "I will it's just Carmen's pregnant and she's been going through stuff, I want to be there and sleep next to her." He explained. He looked up at me and smiled so I smiled back. I looked over at Karen and she was still serious so my smile faded quickly.

"I am your mother." She quickly said. "Karen, I don't think we should discuss this right now." My Mom jumped in. "No, I'm always home alone. You need to come home." She demanded. "Ok.... but Carmen is coming." He said then continued eating. The table went dead silent after that.

...

All four of us pulled up at the court house then went in. The security guard started patting me down and I didn't like it at all. I looked over at Zach and he just mouthed, "It's ok." So I just looked up and tried to ignore it all.