Over

I stocked some shelves then sat behind the register waiting for the normal customers to come in.

The door rang and I looked up to see a guy wearing a Liberty High jacket. He looked down a couple isles and grabbed a Monster, some toothpaste, and a bag of hot Cheetos.

He came up and I rang everything up. "Will this be all?" I asked as I bagged his stuff. "Yeah." He said finally looking up at me. "Hey you were that new girl Bryce introduced us to. People talk a lot about you." He smiled. "What do you mean?" I questioned. "Not in a bad way, people think you're unique." He asserted. I smiled.

"Your total is $9.57." I said as I watched him pull out money. He handed me a ten dollar bill and I gave him his change back. "Have a good day." I said watching him start to walk out.

...

Zach's Pov

We pulled up in a alley way with Jensen and just sat there talking to him.

"We know you have the tapes now." Bryce announced. "Just like you guys had them." Clay responded. "We're not blabber mouths though." I jumped in. Clay just looked at us. "Here have a drink." Bryce said handing him a small bottle of vodka. "I'm good." Was all he said. "Drink the fucking bottle now." Scott joined in. Clay just stood there then started chugging it. We all cheered as he did so.

 After he finished Bryce started blabbing about what he was going to do to him if he told anyone

After he finished Bryce started blabbing about what he was going to do to him if he told anyone. "Now let me give you a preview." Bryce said right before punching Clay in the face. I laughed and took another drink.

"This seems like the movies." I looked up and it was Carmen holding a bag of trash. "Carmen." I stood up quickly. "Is this some kind of joke? What the fuck are you doing to him?" She got loud.

Carmen's Pov

I stood and waited for a answer from someone but no one answered. I looked over at Zach and he was still trying to act cool in front of his buddies.

"You are all such dicks. Why would you hit him for no reason? And Zach why are you acting like this is a fucking joke?" I barked. "Carmen it's ok." Clay jumped in. "No it's not!" I yelled. "Why you care so much?" Monty laughed. "He's my friend. He's a good guy." I got quiet. "If you think so much about him, why don't you just date him?" Zach got cocky. I looked up at him shocked at what he just said. I was embarrassed how all the guys just laughed at me. "Thanks Zach." I said as I threw the garbage bag on the floor then walked back to the store.

...

"Here you go, have a nice day." I handed a man his prescription. "Hey.." a guys voice said. I looked up and it was Scott. "Hi." Was all I said then started looking through a magazine. "I'm sorry about back there, Clay is alright." He apologized. "You didn't do anything, you don't have to be sorry."

I fake smiled then walked out from behind the counter. "Yeah but Zach was such a dick to you." He brought up. "It's ok he's not my problem no more." I put my head down. "Do you maybe want to go to the movies later?" He asked. "Hannah use to work there, I can't." I pulled down the gates to lock the prescriptions in. "Oh, I'm sorry, what about the pier?" He asked. I smiled and nodded my head yes.

...

After I closed up the store Scott and I headed to the pier and sat.

"Why haven't I seen you before around Liberty? Besides that one time." I asked. "Why haven't I seen you?" He smiled. I let out a laugh but the smile went away quickly. "Hey, don't worry he's not good enough for you." He brought up. "I guess." I got bummed. "Let's take a picture together." He suddenly said. "Ok?" I laughed.
Scott took out his phone and pulled up his Snapchat. He set it up and locked it on video. "This isn't a picture." I laughed and made a awkward face while he made a silly face.

...

We talked all evening until it started getting dark. He walked me home and it was great because it was all full of laughter.

We finally reached my house and there was Zach sitting on my porch. "I'll text you later." Scott said when he saw Zach. "Yeah thanks." I smiled until he turned around.

I walked up to the porch and stopped. "Why are you here?" I got quiet. "Why were you with him?" Zach asked. "That is none of your business." I got angry. "Yes it is." Zach stood up and walked over to me. "No it's not. Now go home." I demanded and tried walking up my porch steps. "Carmen please." He begged. "No!" I yelled then walked around him and went inside.

I took a deep breath then began crying. "Honey, what's wrong?" My mom came into the living room. "Zach and I aren't together no more." I said trying to not cry. My mom came in and hugged me. It was comforting.

 "Hey you have a doctors appointment tomorrow before school

"Hey you have a doctors appointment tomorrow before school. Do you want me to take you?" My mom asked. "No it's ok." I smiled then went upstairs to go to bed.