Truth Comes Out

..1 Month Later..

"Yeah, Alex shot himself. He barely made it." Scott explained to me. "Oh gosh.. that's wow." I said. "He lost his memory from the last two months." Scott continued. "Hey guys." Zach said as he sat down at the lunch table. "Hey." We replied. "What are we talking about?" Zach asked. "Alex." I said quietly. "Oh, well... I'll be helping him when he comes back in a couple weeks." He explained. "That's so great." I asked awkwardly not knowing why he was sitting by me.

....

"Why don't you ever get dressed for gym?" Jessica said as we walked around the track waiting for our gym teacher. "Girls are shit heads." I explained. "True." Jessica chuckled. "Miss.Renolds!" My gym teacher yelled at me from the middle of the football field. I looked at jessica then ran over to him.

"Yes coach?" I asked as I ran up. The baseball team was right there so they started watching including Zach. "You've missed over three weeks of gym class without any excuses." He said as he put his hands on his hips. "I'm sorry sir but I'm back now." I half smiled. He blew his whistle. "Suicides now! Don't stop till I say so!" He yelled. I walked to the 50 yard line on the field then began running back and forth from 50 to 10 yards.

After about five minutes I was already very tired. I stopped running and walked up to the coach out of breath. "Coach, I can't do no more I'm sorry." I said trying to catch my breath. "Fifty burpees." He demanded. I started doing them until I heard Zach. "Coach I think that's enough for her." He announced. "Dempsey you can join her." He told. "No... with all respect sir, you can't sit here and make her do all this stuff. She can barely breathe." Zach stood up for me. "Principles office now! Both of you!" He yelled.

...

"You didn't have to do that." I said as Zach and I walked back inside. "He couldn't just make you work yourself out like that." Zach whispered. I laughed a little. Why was he being nice to me now..

As soon as we turned the hallway corner there was Mr.Porter waiting for us. "Mr.Porter!" Zach smiled and went to shake his hand. "Zach, go back to class." He said without even shaking his hand. Zach just looked at me then nodded his head and turned.

"I have to go see the principal Mr.Porter." I explained. "You can come with me first." He smiled.

...

We went in his office and sat down.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I got curious. "How have you been?" He asked. "Really? How have I been?" I got a little irritated. Mr.Porter nodded his head and waited. "I feel like I'm in a living hell." I began tearing up. "I lost Hannah, we lost Hannah. I don't understand, she never came to me and asked for help. Did she ever ask you for help?" I asked. He just looked at me. "Not that I knew of." Was all he said.

"Alex shot himself, but he got a second chance to live. Hannah didn't, Now her story is a mystery." I said then stood up. "Carmen please sit down." Suddenly my phone went off.