Our Family

"Why'd your have to pick the most obvious spot in town." Bryce and I sat down at a table in Monet's Cafe.

I know, Bryce?? He wanted to meet up to talk about something but I only told him in a public place. Who could trust Bryce at this point.

"I know you wanted somewhere public so I wanted it to be obvious." He shrugged. "What did you want?" I was very in shock but maybe this was just one of his tricks again. "I know what I did, I will never feel it like you do. The guilt though.. I feel it deeply Cameron." He was even too nervous to make eye contact with me.

 "Why only me?" I got mad

"Why only me?" I got mad. "What do you mean?" He was as much as confused as I was. "Apologizing. Jessica deserves this as much as I do. And the many more girls who you put through this too." I watched as he looked down into his lap and took a deep breath. "Just your Zach's girl and Zach is the sweetest dude and the whole court day saying his baby was mine. I'm just sick in the head and I don't know the right way to apologize."

I couldn't process this just like he couldn't. "Jessica is hurting the most. She deserves this more than me." I stood up and pushed in my chair. "Where are you going?" He asked. "School. Thanks for the apology though." I went and walked out.

I walked towards my car knowing he was chasing after me like a child. "I mean it Cameron." He stopped me from opening my door. "Thanks." I half smiled. "I'll see you Friday?" He asked. "Friday?" I gave him a weird look. "Homecoming game. You have to go." He smiled. "Sure. See you then." I forced a smile then got in my car.

...

I pulled up to school and took a deep breath. I swear each day here at liberty reminds me more and more of hell.

...

"Hey." I turned around and it was Alex. "I don't have time. I have to get to my locker before class." I began to walk faster. "I'm sorry okay? We both said some fucked up shit though." He was right. I rolled my eyes and began opening my locker. "Yeah." Was all I could say.

I realized he finally walked away which made me feel relieved. Our group was all we had together. We were all falling apart which made us tear apart but what could we do?

"You wanted to talk to me?" I looked over and it was Clay. "Yeah." I smiled. We both walked down the hall making sure no one was listening to our conversation.

"Bryce Walker... I met up with him this morning." I watched his jaw drop like I knew it would. "What? Why?" He got defensive. "He wanted to apologize." I shrugged. "And I think he meant it this time." I believed. "Fuck that." Clay was now mad.