Restart

My heart raced as I walked to my new school. I wasn't ready at all for this, especially the people.

I walked in and I could just feel the attention from everyone. I avoided any eye contact and just focused on finding my locker.

"Hey you must be the new girl." A guy stood in my way, not even letting me keep walking.

"Umm yeah. Excuse me I need to go find my-" I was saying until he cut me off. "I'm Bryce and these are my buddies Scott, Justin, Monty, and Zach." He said as a bunch of guys came over. "Nice to meet you all but I really need to go find my locker." I said trying to walk off.

Bryce stepped in front of me once again with all his buddies and they just laughed. "Come on, you can do that later. Come hang out with us in gym." He said with a smile. I was so frustrated and didn't know what to say. "Bryce." I looked up and it was one of the jocks with Bryce. Bryce just gave him a stupid look like he didn't know what he was doing wrong. "Let her go man, it's her first day." He continued saying to Bryce. I just smiled at him then walked around Bryce.

...

I eventually found my locker and couldn't quite get it to open.

"You need some help there?" A females voice said. I looked over and it was a girl with short, wavy, brown hair.

"Um yes please." I said with a smile. She looked at my code and put it in then jerked my lock open.

"Wow, thank you." I said as I sat my books in my locker. "Last year I had the same problem as you.. I was the new girl." She said with a side smile. "I'm Hannah Baker by the  way." She said holding out her hand for me to shake it. "I'm Carmen Renolds." I said then shook her hand. It was quite awkward for a minute. "Well I'll see you around." She said then started walking off. "Ok bye thanks." I waved then continued setting up my locker.

....

Throughout the day it was boring but very scary since everyone had staring problems especially those jocks. I already couldn't stand them.

After physics I walked to gym which was my last hour of the day.

I went into the girls locker room and found my locker that was assigned to me. I put my bag into my locker then grabbed out my gym shirt that said "Liberty High" on it with my black sweatpants.

I took off my shirt then there was giggles. I turned around and it was these three girls laughing at me. "Wow, I wonder if she's tried to diet yet." I heard one of the girls whisper. I threw on my shirt real quick and just put my sweats over my jeans then left the locker room.

I ran around the track field trying to get as much points as I could. I wasn't doing so good at my old school so my mom and I moved here. It's a fresh start so I'm trying to make the best out of it.

"Hey!" I looked over and it was Bryce and his friends. I rolled my eyes and stopped running. I walked toward him and stopped. "Hi?" I said confused. "I'm having a party tonight if you want to come." He smiled. I looked behind him at all his jock friends. "Will Hannah Baker be there." Bryce chuckled. "Of course, my house at 9pm." He smiled then walked off.

...

Finally my first day was over and I was sure glad about it.

I walked down the hall to get back to my locker and there went the staring again from the jocks. They kind of laid off besides this tall, buff, Asian looking guy. I kept eye contact with him as I walked until I had enough then looked away.

...

"Mom I'm home!" I yelled as I walked inside.

I threw my book bag on the couch then walked into the kitchen. "Hey mom." I said as I sat down at the kitchen table. "Hey honey, how was your first day?" She asked. "It was good, I met this girl Hannah and I got invited to a party tonight." I looked up at my mom to see her reaction. "A party on a Wednesday night?" She stopped cutting celery and looked up at me quick. "Mom, please. I'll have all my homework done before I go. I might actually make some good friends." I begged. She just looked at me then rolled her eyes. "Fine, but I want you home before one." She said as she continued cutting. "Thank you, love you." I jumped up real quick to hug her.

...

I searched my closet until I found a cute, black romper I had. I took one last look in the mirror and there I went to my first high school party.

...

I checked my Facebook messenger to see Bryce's address he sent me then I started walking.

After about ten minutes I started getting to these huge, rich people houses. I was shocked and amazed just walking down the street.

I finally got to the address that he sent me. I looked up at the house and my jaw just dropped. "Wow." I whispered to myself. "Wow is right." I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around real quick and it was one of the jocks from school.

"Sorry if I scared you." He said with a half smile. "No, it's ok." I smiled..... "I'm Zach if you don't remember." He said breaking the silence. "I'm Carmen." I said. "Oh, thanks for helping me out this morning with Bryce." I continued. "No problem, he's always like that with girls so just ignore him." Zach said. "Thanks for the warning." I said as I turned back to look at the house.

"Do you want to hang out with me? I know you're new so it might not be that fun if you're alone. I could maybe introduce you to some people." He offered. "Wow thanks, that sounds great." I smiled. Then we went in.

...