Tape 4, Side A

...2am...

I woke up to my phone going off the hook. I looked and it was Clay.

  "What the fuck

"What the fuck.." I whispered to myself as I carefully climbed over Zach and sat in my chair. I grabbed my headphones and clinked the link... there they were. I clicked on 'Tape A, Side 1'.

"Hey, it's Hannah, Hannah Baker. That's right. Don't adjust your... whatever device you're listening to this on. It's me, live and in stereo. No return engagements, no encore. And this time absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. 'Cause I'm about to tell you the story of my life." Hannah's voice came through and said. I began crying then saw Zach move. I listened quietly and learned quickly.

...Next Morning...

"Good morning." Zach said as he woke up. I just gave him a blank look while a few tears fell. "Did you get sleep last night? What's wrong?" Zach questioned. "Tape 4, Side A.. 'Maybe it didn't seem like a big deal to you, Zach. But now I hope you understand. My world was collapsing. I needed those notes. I needed any hope those notes might've offered. And you, you took that hope away.'" I quoted from Hannah's tapes.

He just sat there and looked at me. "Well say something!" I got loud. "I'm sorry, yes I killed Hannah. We all killed Hannah." Zach jumped up. "We?" I questioned. "We all killed Hannah. She never talked to you about me or telling you that she was upset. You didn't notice she was in pain. Every single one of us are part of it." Zach explained.

  I began crying

I began crying. "I could've saved her. I should've seen the signs she clearly put out there." I regretted everything.

Zach walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. "Please don't cry. We need to calm down, we're going to upset the baby." Zach said which brought a smile to my face.