Avoid

"Does this look good mom?" I asked as I walked into her room. She was wearing this pretty, laced, white dress. "Wow mom. You look like a million bucks." I smiled. She just gave me that "hell no." Look then laughed.

  "I'm nervous

"I'm nervous.." I said to my mom. "I know it's not the easiest thing. When I went to tell your fathers parents that I was pregnant at seventeen, I swore I wasn't going to make the car ride there without having a heart attack." My Mom shared. "You got pregnant at seventeen too?" I asked. "Yes, but that doesn't make it right for you." My mom gave me a serious look. "I still love you though and am here to support you and Zach." She said then pulled me into a hug.

...

We drove to the Dempsey's house and this was the moment.

Zach let us in. He was wearing this great suit and his mom was wearing this cute pink outfit.

"Hi Ms.Dempsey, I'm Carmen and this is my mom." I introduced us. I shook her hand then my mom shook her hand. "I'm Sandra." My Mom said with a smile. "Karen." Ms.Dempsey introduced herself.

We all sat down at the dinner table and Ms.Dempsey had asparagus and roasted chicken served for us. "This looks lovely." My Mom said. "Thank you." Ms.Dempsey smiled.

We ate for some time and my mom and Zach's just kept conversation while Zach and I stayed quiet. I didn't even look up at Zach.

"So why did we have this announcement dinner? You're not getting married right?" Karen freaked out and to be honest it freaked me out more. "No mom." Zach jumped in. "Oh thank you." She was relieved. To bad she didn't know what was going to be said next.

Zach came over and had me stand up with him. "Mom, Ms.Renolds... Carmen and I are..." Zach went to say but then she interrupted. "You're moving out?" She started panicking again. I stood there freaking out by each second that passed. "I'm pregnant." I blurted out. My mom stood up and Karen just stood in shock. Karen walked over to Zach and put her hands on his face. That's what you call then moment before the devil wakes up.

 That's what you call then moment before the devil wakes up

She just looked so sad and then he face changed. "What is wrong with you? Didn't I teach you differently?? This is your daughters fault!" She turned to my mom. My mom had no idea what to say. "Mom, it's not only Carmen's fault. It's mine too, it's a two person job." Zach jumped back in. A tear fell down her face and she just stood not knowing what to say.

Karen looked over at my mom. "What do you think about all this?" She threw her hands up in the air. "Karen, I know it's not good but... it's not our choices, it's on them." My Mom said. "We're their parents, we taught them better then this." Karen kept going. "We've both lost our husbands, maybe this will bring us together as a family to support each other. Maybe this is the good that comes out of this." My Mom said and it was just perfect. I leaned on Zach and smiled. "You're really happy?" His mom asked. "Yes." He nodded his head. His mom came in and hugged me.

...

  Zach and I sat on the couch across from his and my Mom talking about baby names and a baby shower.

"Isn't it too early for a baby shower?" I asked. "Yeah, but we gotta plan." Karen said. "If it's a boy we should name him Arnold." My Mom said. "Ew mom no." I laughed. "Should we tell them?" Zach asked me. Both my mom and his looked up at is quickly. "Tell us what?" Karen asked. I smiled and looked over at Zach. "We're having a girl." Zach announced. Karen jumped up and down in excitement. It was great to watch.

....

I went to work later that night and hung with Tony and Ms.Baker.

"Yeah they were pretty happy about it in the end." I finished telling Tony and Ms.Baker about what happened. "That's good honey." She smiled. "Have you seen this video going around for days." Tony suddenly said. "What video." I asked. He showed me his phone and it was the video of Marcus calling me out. "People are still talking about that?" I got concerned. "Is this true?" Tony asked. I just nodded my head and started cleaning the counter to keep me distracted.

"Are you getting bullied?" Ms.Baker asked. "No." I said then continued cleaning the counter. "You know.. you and Hannah were good friends, she'd be proud of you for how strong you are. I want you to have a trial." She said then I looked up at her. "You want me to go to court and speak for Hannah?" I asked in shock. "Yeah, we need you." She smiled trying not to cry. "Ok." I said and looked over at Tony. He nodded at me.

...

Ms.Baker left and it was just me and Tony.

"Are you ready for a baby?" He asked. "I'm excited but I don't know if I'm ready. Zach and I only having one parent each and Zach don't even have a job yet because of sports." I shrugged my shoulders. "Well your trial is this Wednesday then the big dance is this Saturday." Tony explained. "Hannah and I were suppose to go to the winter dance together. I still have my dress for it and I'm going to wear it for Hannah." I smiled. "Good." He smiled back.

Suddenly Scott walked in and walked quickly up to us.

"Carmen, I'm sorry-" Scott went to say but I cut him off. "Please don't, it's ok." I said trying to avoid this conversation. "No, I should've never told Bryce that I tried to kiss you but you stopped me. It's all my fucking fault and I just can't fucking stop thinking about you." He freaked out. "What happened with Bryce?" Tony asked. "Nothing." I said quickly. "He raped her. He fucking raped her." Scott whispered with tears in his eyes. I never knew he had a soft side like this.

Tony looked over at me. "Is this true?" He asked. I just nodded my head not wanting to look up at Scott. "You need to bring that up at your trial, for Hannah." Tony said. "Tony can you close up the store tonight?" I asked. He nodded.

I walked to the back of the store and grabbed my bag and Scott's blanket. I sat it on the counter in front of Scott then walked out the store.

"Carmen!" I heard a voice yell. I looked back and it was Justin, he didn't seem like Justin though.

"What's wring with you?" I asked. "Can I stay at your place tonight?" He avoided my question. "Um yeah." I said as I watched Scott walk out of the store. "Let's go." I said then started walking home quickly.

________________________________

Hey guys if you're reading this part thank you. I just wanted to thank you for helping me get to 2k reads already.

This is my first "successful" book id say and I'm just so happy. So really thank you.

I've been very busy lately and you know I post a new chapter every morning at 12am most the time and I have chapters written but only a few left.

I DON'T WANT YOU TO THINK IM NOT UPDATING the book if I don't publish a new chapter like every day.

I want to make the chapters good and very enjoyable for you, so I can't just write one in a half hour it takes a day or too to really be creative for a chapter and make the story pop out.

Again if you actually read this thank you and I hope you really understand if I don't update everyday. Because I rushed on this chapter and it isn't the best

                                 -S

Ps- any requests or suggestions for the book??????????? Message me or comment on here <3