Out

"Ok I need as much detail as possible. It's ok if you need to take breathers. Take your time." The detective explained. Zach held my hand and my mom was on the other side of me. I took a deep breath and wanted to get it done and over with. "Yesterday around 5:30pm I went inside the school to use the bathroom." I started explaining. "Why were you at school so late?" The detective asked. I looked over at Zach then my mom. "We were celebrating." I said as I put my head down. "Celebrating what?" He asked as he took notes. "A pregnancy." Was all I said.

"I went to the bathroom and I walked out to wash my hands the dry them. Bryce Walker and Montgomery de la Cruz came into the bathroom and held me against the wall. They called Scott Reed in so he could kiss me." I kept explaining. "Why would they want him to kiss you?" The detective asked. "Um... because twenty minutes earlier I think.. I went to go get pizza with Scott." I said. "Again, Why would they want him to kiss you?" He asked. "We were in the car and he went to kiss me." I looked over and Zach and he just did that little half smile. "Did he kiss you?" The detective asked. "No, I stopped him." I explained.

The detective took a minute to write down every detail he could. "What were your exact words when he went to kiss you?" The detective asked. "My exact words?" I asked nervously. "Yes, we have Scott next so please don't lie." The detective explained. "He started to lean in and I said I couldn't." Was all I said. "Is that it?" He asked. "No... He asked why. I said I was dating Zach and..." I started to freeze. I looked over at Zach and he nodded. "I was dating Zach and I'm pregnant with Zach's baby." I got out.

I looked over at my mom and she just smiled at me to comfort me. I knew it was fake but at least she was trying. "Alright so back to the bathroom." He said. "After Scott came in they told him to kiss me but he said he couldn't. Bryce then told Monty to bend me over the sink." I had to stop and take a deep breath. "Bryce pulled down my pants and that's when Scott panicked and ran out the bathroom." I explained. "Bryce then pulled down my underwear and then raped me." I started tearing up. "How long did this go on for?" He asked. "I don't know, it felt like forever." I looked down.

"I'm sorry, can I say something." Zach interrupted. "Go ahead." He said. "I was out on the football field playing with Clay Jensen at the time. Scott came running up and told me that Bryce was raping her. So I ran into the bathroom." Zach explained. "What did you see when you went into the bathroom?" He asked Zach. "Carmen was on the floor crying. Her pants and underwear were pulled down to her ankles." Zach started tearing up. "It must've been about 5 or 6 minutes it went on." He whipped a tear from his cheek.

It got quiet for a minute and there was just so many emotions flowing through the room. "How did you end up on the floor?" He asked me. "After Bryce stopped they started laughing and taking pictures of me. I begged them to stop the whole time. They didn't. I went to stand up but Monty pushed me, since my pants were around my ankles I fell." I explained. "

Is this your first encounter like this with Bryce?" He asked. "No... About 4 months ago when I first met him, he tried raping me at this party, but Zach stopped him." I didn't want to have to think about. "One time he was at my house and Zach was in the shower, he came in and started rubbing my thigh." I took another deep breath. "He fingered me in this clubhouse." I finished not wanting to look at no one. "Final question and I'll let you go... Why haven't you told anyone?" He asked. ".... It's not that easy. It's not easy, it's not comfortable, it doesn't feel right." Was all I said then stood up and walked out.

...

I stood outside taking deep breaths. I felt proud of myself but so gross at the same time. I showered for like 2 hours this morning.

"You did great." Zach came out with my mom. "Thanks." I smiled. My mom came over and hugged me. "Am I really going to be a grandma?" She asked as she rubbed my belly.  "Yeah." I got scared. She smiled then pulled both me and Zach into a hug.

We all separated. "Oh mom, we're having dinner with Mrs.Dempsey on Saturday. We were going to tell you then so just be surprised like you don't know." I laughed. "Ok." She smiled.

We went home and Zach and I just wanted to lay in bed and talk till we fell asleep which sounded like a good plan to me.

"What's some of your favorite memories?" Zach asked as me and him faced each-others. I sat there smiling thinking of something's.

"The first time Hannah talked to me. She was just so brave and that beautiful smile she gave off. I'll never forget...even though it was a awkward one.." I laughed at the thought.

 "The first time you and I made eye contact

"The first time you and I made eye contact. But it wasn't just the eye contact, butterflies went through my whole body. You let off that smile that just got to me."

   "Meeting Justin for the first time

"Meeting Justin for the first time. God he's such a great guy."

 "Finding out that we're going to have our own family

"Finding out that we're going to have our own family." I looked at Zach and he was just smiling.

________________________________

Posted early today😊✨