two

When I returned to my room, Jessie was dancing around in the red skin tight dress, music blasting throughout the small room

She turned around and looked at me, smiling. "Alex! Do I look good? Because I'm totally trying to get laid tonight-"

"Jessie, you look gorgeous." I chuckled, grabbing her shoulders to stabilize her wobbling body.

"I hope Calum likes it, I mean, he's the boy I'm trying to l-"

"Calum?" I asked as she nodded. "I ran into him going through the park."

"Oh my god, really? He's totally hot, right?"

I nodded, letting out a chuckle. "He asked to show me around campus but I said no, I-"

"You said no?" Jessie gasped, holding my face between her hands. "He hardly talks to anyone, I heard he doesn't even talk when he's putting it do-"

"I don't need to hear that!"

"You are one strange girl, Alex," she chuckled, grabbing her purse. "Calum Hood talked to you and you turned him down, I'll never get over that."

"Have fun at the party!" I laughed and pushed her out the door.

I sighed and made the bed, grabbing a towel and clothes before heading to the bathroom. Luckily, our dorm had it's own shower so I didn't have to worry about co-ed showers or even sharing a shower.

I quickly showered and changing into my pajamas, calling my parents and telling them how well I settled in and that I received my schedule before going to bed.

Surprisingly, I easily fell asleep in the uncomfortable bed. Jessie wasn't home at midnight, I figured to just leave the door unlocked and hope no one sneaked in and murdered me.

I woke up in the middle of the night to giggling filling the room. I sat up, switching on the lamp beside the bed. Jessie stumbled into the room, her red lipstick smudged.

She gasped at the sudden brightness, standing up straight to act like she wasn't drunk. "Hello," she bellowed, putting her hands on her hips. "How..are you?"

"Tired," I chuckled. "How was the party?"

She let out another laugh as she stripped, or tried, herself of the dress, pulling on a large t-shirt. She collapsed on the bed, turning to look at me.

"Did you get laid?" I chuckled, propping my head up on my elbow to look at her.

"Yeah," she smiled at the thought. "It wasn't by Calum, though, unfortunately."

"Who was it?" I asked, my curiosity peaking out.

"That's for me to know and you to not find out," she said, turning over. "Now turn that light off, babygirl, see you tomorrow afternoon."

I rolled my eyes, letting out another laugh before switching off the light and turning back over. 

I couldn't help but think about how free Jessie seemed. She didn't seemed stressed or scared about her future, she just kind of went with flow and hoped for the best. I envied her, really. My parents have set up my entire future, it's not I could have anything for myself.

I didn't mind though. It was easier to follow their plan instead of not having to figure anything out myself. It sounded stupid but after almost nineteen years of them having to do everything for you, you get used to it.

The one thing I've always had a knack for was writing. Since I was little, I would make up incredible stories and I've had the dream of writing books. Maybe Journalism, work at the New York Times and write books on the side. An unrealistic dream. 

My parents convinced me that business was a reliable career that paid off in the long run. It was a fact that after I graduated, I'd have a job ready for me.

They were right, it wasn't worth the risk.

I rolled over and closed my eyes, begging sleep to come.