twenty-nine

Jessie convinced me to go home for a bit and just chill

Jessie convinced me to go home for a bit and just chill. I didn't exactly want to go home but I guess it could be good for me.

I called my mom and told you that I was feeling homesick and she planned to pick me up this weekend. 

Jessie told me that she'd keep an eye on Calum and let me know any "tea," which I don't know what that means so I just nodded. Her and Luke were spending more and more time together and honestly, they were so cute together.

I had a bag thrown over my shoulder, Jessie by my side as I walked towards the parking lot, where my mom was parked.

We pasted the frat house, my eyes glued straight ahead of me. "Alex!"

I started to walk faster, getting away from the boy who called my name. I heard running behind me and someone stopped in front of me, my body nearly toppling over theirs.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "What do you want, Calum?"

"Look, Alex, what I said was fucked up and I really want to apologize for the way I acted-"

"I love you, Cal, but this isn't going to work." Jessie said from behind me, pulling at my arm.

I sighed, grateful that she was here. I couldn't take anymore confrontation with him. Especially after our fight, I said stuff I never thought I would, I slapped him. I've never blown up on someone like that.

"No, not until we're okay again." He said, stepping in front of me and blocking my way.

"Whatever we had is done, okay?" I said softly, not looking at him. "I'm going home for the weekend. I don't want to see you anymore."

"Alex, please." He said from behind him, his voice thick with what could be tears.

I couldn't look behind me. I just ignored him and continued my walk. 

This is what I was best at. Walking away from the things that meant most to me. Every friends I ever tried to have never worked out, I always walked away. I always thought there was something better.

Walking away was the right decision.

My mom smiled at me, hugging me tightly as I pulled a tight smile, hugging her back.

"Ready to go, babe?" She asked me.

I nodded, giving Jessie a quick hug. "It'll be alright, Ally, I promise."

I smiled softly at her before getting into the car, not looking at my mom. 

Was it the right decision?

***

"I'm so sorry, Alex." Blake said, wrapping his arms around me. 

One of the first things I did when I got home was go over to Blake's and tell him everything. 

"Maybe you could get with Jessie, you two seem to be close."

I laughed, nudging him with my elbow as I wiped the tears from my cheeks. "I still can't believe I exploded on him like that, Blake, I slapped him."

"Well, that's because he deserved it," Blake said. "You've always kind of hate anger issues."

I raised my eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah," he shrugged. "You don't remember when Jacob took your doll at the park and you threw his baseball at him and almost knocked the poor boy out. He had to get stitches."

I shook my head. "I don't remember that."

"Your parents have kept a lid on you," he said, brushing my hair softly. "They made you avoid situations that could overwhelm you, your dad was bad anger issues, you know tha-"

"What?"

Blake raised his eyebrows, his eyes flickering away from mine. "Oh, uh.."

"What does that mean?"

"Oh, uh, nothing, I thought you heard them fighting before," he said. "They fight a lot now that you're gone."

"Oh."

"Do you know the guy that roofied you?" He asked, trying to change the subject.

I shook my head. "No, I can't really remember."

"You got to be more careful, especially at that school, after that girl killed herself."

I looked up at him. "What?"

"You don't know about that?" he asked as I shook my head. "Well, there was this girl, she was a sophomore and she went to those frat parties and her friend got her into drugs and she overdosed one time and killed herself. The police never said whether she killed herself or if it was an accident. Everyone blames her roommate."

"Who was it?"

"I don't remember her name." Blake shrugged.

I just nodded, saying goodbye to him before heading back home.