thirty-nine

I had switched over majors and was now double-majoring in Journalism and Communications while minoring in Comparative Literature

I had switched over majors and was now double-majoring in Journalism and Communications while minoring in Comparative Literature. My plate was full but I was loving it.

The same professor for my AP Business class was the same professor for Comparative Literature so I was having a good time and learning more than ever. 

Both of my parents backed off with their hovering over my studies. Although my dad was angry that I was completely throwing everything they taught me away but he definitely understood that I wanted to be my own person.

They promised to continue paying for my school but I needed to get a job for any other necessities. 

Hence why I was making Jessie a coffee at the coffee shop a block off campus. 

Things had started looking up for me and I was happier than ever. 

Calum and I hadn't talked or seen each other in a few weeks. I wasn't mad at him. I was upset that he wasn't even willing to try. But I understood. He couldn't risk his education for some girl. I mean, we only had sex twice. It's not like we were in love or anything. 

I turned around as someone dinged the bell on the counter, finding Michael there, a smirk on his lips. I smiled as he leaned across the counter, pulling me into a hug.

"How's your day going?"

"Good," I nodded, already moving to make his usual. "Yours?"

"Good now," he smiled at me. "Can you add extra whip cream?"

"Of course."

Jessie groaned from the counter, pulling her hoodie tighter over her head, pushing her sunglasses farther on her nose. I smiled at her. "That's what you get for getting drunk on a school night."

"Well today's Friday and Luke's playing a gig at the house tonight so I need to look cute."

"Speaking of that," Michael said, handing me the money for his coffee. "Do you want to come?"

"I don't know, I have a lot schoolwork and I don't really want to see Calum."

"Come on, please," Jessie said. "I miss hanging out with my bestie."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, but I want to go shopping so drink up, I get off in ten."

***

Michael ended up coming with us to go shopping and was an awesome judge on the outfits. According to Jessie, everything I chose was too "pure," while Michael couldn't even form a sentence.

I straightened my short hair, putting on some normal makeup before pulling on the outfit that I bought.