seven

Jessie woke me up the next morning, already yelling on about me ditching her last night

"One minute I was dancing with Calum then you were gone!" she wined. "I was going to get you another drink and you weren't even there!"

"All I was doing was sitting on that couch watching everyone else get drunk and dance," I said, pushing my face into the pillow. "This dude tried feeling me up!"

"That's a party."

"I shouldn't have ever went," I shook my head, sitting up. "It wasn't fun."

"Well, maybe you could try again tonight-"

"No, forget it," I shook my head. "I'm going home for the rest of the weekend."

"No, please, come with me tonight-"

"Jessie, stop," I said to her. "I don't want to go to the party and you can't force me."

She sighed, falling back and onto the bed. "Fine, go home and miss out on the amazing parties."

I rolled my eyes before taking a quick shower and starting to pack my clothes for the weekend.

The drive there was quick and gave me time to think about everything. 

Jessie really wanted me to try and actually be an actual college student and go to parties, make friends, having fun. It was hard for me because my parents specifically told me not to do these things, whenever I even thought about going to the parties or get drunk, I had a voice in my head telling me that what I was doing was wrong.

It was hard for me to be normal when my normal was being lonely and focused on academics.

Jessie was so free and careless when I was pinned down and cared too much. 

When I got home, my parents engulfed me in hugs and too many questions. I decided on not telling them about the party, I would lose their trust and not be able to go anywhere without them watching me closely.

I couldn't help but think about Calum and why he was always around, why he invited me to that party, why he seemed so interested in someone as lame as me.

Him and Jessie seemed cute together, seemed like they were interested in the same things. A couple I could stand to look at, maybe.

My parents talked on and on about the frat houses on campus and made me promise to stay away from them. That was an easy promise to make.

A knock on the door pulled me from the conversation, making me get up from the dinner table and go to the door. I opened the door, seeing my brother standing in front of me. 

"Surprise?"

"Oh my god." I went forward, wrapping my arms around my brother's neck. "What are you doing here?"

"Got a couple weeks off of work, decided to come see everyone, just hoping that you were here," he grinned, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "Have you talked to Blake?"