twenty-eight

I woke up the next morning, my body physically shaking

I woke up the next morning, my body physically shaking. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to remember the night before.

I was in a bed, clothed in a large tee shirt. Oh god. Did I have sex?

I closed my eyes, my head pounding with pain and I really struggled to remember what happened last night.

Suddenly, there was a dip in the bed, making me open my eyes and look at the boy now sitting at the end of the bed, his back facing me.

I immediately recognized him as Calum. I sat up, ignoring the pain in my head as I sat down beside him, leaning to look at his face.

"Hey," I said, clearing my throat. "You're back early."

He scoffed, not looking at me. "Wouldn't you know."

I furrowed my eyebrows, shocked at his sudden hostility. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" he scolded me, standing up, moving away from me. "I leave for a week only to come back to find my girlfriend underneath some other dude, roofied and blacked out drunk, I might add."

"Roofied? Is that why I don't remember anything?"

"How could you be so irresponsible, Alex?"

I looked up at him, seeing the anger in his eyes as he stared at me, waiting for an answer. "Wait, you're serious?"

He nodded, running a hand through his hair. "I mean, I know we said we didn't label things, but I didn't expect you to hoe ar-"

"Oh, do not even," I scoffed, standing up and grabbing my shoes. "You said I was roofied, in case you're unfamiliar with was being roofied means, it means someone spiking your drink without you knowing and that usually ends in sexual assault, you ass."

"Yeah, no shit, Sherlock," he rolled his eyes. "If I hadn't came home early that would be you right now."

I sighed heavily, looking around for my dress. "Whatever Calum, I'm not doing this."

"Doing what? Talking about what happened?"

"Nothing happened!" I yelled at him. "You said it yourself, nothing happened."

"Yeah, thanks to me."

"Alright, what do you want? A fucking award?" I scoffed at him. "You want me to get on my knees and kiss your damn shoes and tell you how thankful I am for saving me? My knight and shining armor?"

He rolled his eyes, his hands settling on his hips. "Really?"

"What do you want?" I yelled louder at him. "You're mad because someone roofied me? You're literally standing here and telling me that a boy trying to take advantage of me is my fault!"

"I'm mad because you came to that stupid party!" he roared, taking steps forward until his chest was nearly touching mine. "Because you took the drink from that dude, you danced with him, you let him take you up the stairs, you came to the party without me."

"You weren't fucking here!" I shoved his chest harshly. "You want the whole world to stop because you leave for a week? Sorry my life doesn't revolve around you, Calum!"

He opened his mouth to say something but I pushed past him and down the stairs, heading for the door.  

I reached for the doorknob when I heard his voice behind me. "I'm mad because you had the same amount of fun without me. I thought we had something special. I thought we had a bond."

I turned around, my shoes clattering to the floor as I marched over to him, my finger digging into his chest. "You said you didn't want to label it, what do you want? You want to get into my pants and have the audacity to call me your precious girlfriend? I don't fucking work like that Calum, I knew you were trouble-"

"You knew I was trouble, huh?" he said, slapping my hand from his chest. "Why'd you kiss me that night then?"

"Why'd you kiss me back?"

We both stood there, staring at each other, our chests heaving with anger. 

"Maybe I didn't know you were a slut."

My hand collided with his face before I could even stop myself. He stood there shocked, his hand hovering over his reddened cheek.

I backed away, ignoring all the boys standing around, watching us fight. 

I opened the door, turning around to look at Calum as my eyes welled with tears. I slammed the door shut, nearly running back to the dorm.

I shut the door, sliding down to the floor as I broke down in tears. "Alex?"

I looked up at the blonde in front of me, expecting it to be Jessie. I quickly gathered myself together, standing up and wiping the tears from my face. "Luke."

"What's wrong?" He asked me, opening his arms for a hug.

I stepped into his embrace, sobbing against his chest. He hugged me tightly, rubbing my back. 

"Luke, I think I'm gonna go to the house and get Al-" Jessie stopped in the doorway, her eyes falling on us. "There you are, I was about to go get- what did that asshole do?"

I looked over to her and let out a laugh at her words. She came forward and hugged me tightly. "Whatever it is, you're right, he's wrong, you're the perfect one and he's the asshole."

I laughed against her chest, sniffling. "All frat boys are assholes, don't cry over him."

"Hey, slightly offended." Luke whined from behind me.

"Except you," she said to him. "Love you?"

"Uh huh, sure.."