twenty

I woke up the next morning pressed against something hard and warm

I woke up the next morning pressed against something hard and warm. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to remember the night before.

I pulled back, looking up at the boy in front of me. I smiled as I remembered the night, remembering what happened between us. 

His mouth was parted as he snored softly, his eyes moving underneath his eyelids. I pushed a hand through his hair, brushing it back from his forehead.

His eyes fluttered open as he took a deep breath, looking down at me. "Hey."

"Hi." I smiled softly, brushing softly against his cheekbone.

Calum leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, pushing the hair from my face. His lips were warm and soft against mine, the taste of alcohol on his lips from last night.

His phone started ringing on the bedside table, vibrating against the desk. I pulled back to say something but he muttered a "forget it," reattaching his lips to mine. 

It continued to vibrate as he pulled back, turning over and answering it. "Hello?"

He quickly sat up, his toned back facing away from me. "Hi, Mom."

It was silent for a second as I heard his mom on the other side.  "I'm coming home for Christmas."

Awe, his mom missed him.

"Coming home is expensive," Calum whined.  "No, Mom, there's not any girl." 

I frowned, ignoring the disappointment that shot through me.

"No, I don't want to be head of the fraternity," he said, his voice wavering as if he wasn't sure he should have said it. "Are you serious? Mom, you can't just take everything- yeah, alright, love you too, bye."

I turned over to face him, trying to meet his eyes. "You alright?"

He sat up, turning away from me as he wiped his face. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He leaned down and grabbed my dress, tossing it in my direction. "I have a lot to do, I'll see you later."

I didn't say anything. I got dressed and left the frat house, ignoring the looks from the boys. He was obviously upset because of his mom, I wasn't going to stay and pry. Even though he kind of threw me out, I understood.

I went back to the dorm, finding Jessie actually up and moving around. "Hey."

She turned to me, a smile spreading across her face. "Ally, hey!"

"Why are you in such a good mood?" I asked.

"No reason, why are you in a down one?"

I shrugged. "No reason."

"Where'd you stay last night?"

"I-uh-I stayed with Calum last night."

Jessie stopped and put her hands on her hips, turning to look at me. "Oh, really?"

I bit my lip to keep from smiling, sitting down on the bed. "Yeah."

"And what did you two do?"

I looked up at her and smiled, letting out a laugh. 

"You two did it?" she yelled, running over to me. "Like it?"

I chuckled and nodded, laughing as she engulfed in a hug. "No, Jess."

"Wait, so he just," she made a V with her fingers, sticking her tongue out. "You know?"

"No, I don't know what that is." I shoved her.

"He-" she gestured to my crotch, making disgusting sucking noises. "Yeah?"

"I don't know what that is either."

"Girl, he ate you out?"

"Is that what it's called?" I cringed. "Gross, they need to rename that."

"Oh my god," she wrapped her arms around me in a hug. "Congrats on your first sexual experience. Should I get you a cake?"

I laughed again, brushing her hair as she put her head on my stomach. "No, you idiot."

"Do you like him?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, Jess, things are complicated."

She got up, grabbing a towel and heading for the bathroom. "Well, the three years I've been here, only three people have been able to sleep with Calum and you're one of them."

"We're not going to sleep together, Jess," I rolled my eyes. "I told you, no one is getting it in until I have a ring on this finger."

She rolled her eyes and chuckled as I changed into a tee shirt and shorts and laying in bed. Knocking sounded on the door and I got up, throwing open the door.

Calum stood on the other side, his hair wet from a shower, now clad in the usual band tee and black jeans.

"Hi." I said, opening the door and letting him in.

He shoved his hands in his pockets, looking up at me. "I wanted to apologize for basically kicking you out earlier. My mom just frustrates me, she controls everything."

I sat on the bed, smiling softly. "I understand completely."

He came and sat down beside me. "I really like you, Alex."

"I really like you too, Calum."

He looked up at me. "I've never met anyone like you."

"I don't know if that's a compliment or-"

He turned my face, pressing his lips against mine. I was shocked but kissed back, my hands going to his face. He pulled me onto his lap, one leg on either side of him, basically straddling him.

His hands rested on my neck, his lips warm and soft against mine. He pulled back, his forehead resting on mine as his brown eyes met mine. "You're beautiful, Alex. Inside and out. Don't let anyone tell you different."

I closed my eyes and breathed in, wrapping my arms around his neck. He dug his face into my neck, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Hey, Alex, I need some help with my ha-" Jessie stopped, pulling her towel tighter around her. "Never mind, I need to take another shower."

I laughed, sitting down beside him, my legs still strewn over his lap. 

I opened my mouth to say something but Jessie cut me off. "Use protection!"