thirteen

Jessie was still asleep when I went inside, half her body falling off the bed

I took a shower, washing the remnants of last night off of me. I scrubbed the makeup from my face, tossing the dress into the dirty clothes. 

I got out, tossing on a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt, wrapping my hair in a towel. I attempted to wake up Jessie, convincing her that we were going to get lunch.

"Can we get pizza?" She muttered, pulling her blanket over her head.

"Whatever you want," I chuckled, brushing my hair. "It's my treat, since I actually did have fun last night."

She sat up and smiled, squinting at me. "I knew you would."

"When did you get home last night?" I asked her, pulling on a pair of jean shorts.

"I don't remember," she shrugged. "I think that blonde boy brought me back. Where did you go last night?"

"I got sick and Calum actually let me sleep in his bed." I said quietly.

"What?" 

I turned around to look at her. "It's not a big deal, he slept on the floor."

"You made that beautiful brown boy sleep on the floor?"

"Apparently I wanted him to sleep in bed but he thought it would be weird." I chuckled.

"I knew you were a lowkey freak," she smirked. "I'm going to take a shower and I'll be ready to go."

I pulled on my shoes once Jessie was all ready, grabbing my purse. "Do you want to walk or drive?"

"Walk, I need it after last night." She chuckled, patting her stomach lightly. 

We arrived at the pizza place a few blocks from the school, ordering a large pepperoni. Once we were finished, we walked back to the dorm. 

***

I was weighing the odds of going to the party tonight or stay at the dorm. 

"C'mon, it will be fun, I promise."

"I had fun last night but I'm kind of worn out."

"Please!" She begged me.

I gave in easily. "Fine."

She started shuffling through her closet, looking for something for me to wear. She pulled out a silk black dress, a grin on her face.

"Why can't I wear a tee shirt and shorts?" I frowned.

"Where's the fun in that?"

I took the dress from her hand and pulled it on, frowning at the length the dress fell, reaching the top of my thighs.

"Those boys are going to have a tough time keeping their hands off of you." She smirked.

Jessie pulled my hair into a half up-half down ponytail and curled it. She did my makeup, putting a light red lipstick on my lips. 

"You look hot."

I rolled my eyes and smiled at her, watching her get ready before heading to the party with her. 

The music was blasting, people already passed out on the lawn. I followed Jessie inside, watching her mix a large cup of whatever concoction she liked.

She handed it to me, nudging me to chug it. I did, coughing at the burning at the back of my throat. I turned around and started following her to the couch, where I ran into someone.

"Hey, Alex!"

I looked up, meeting Calum's brown eyes.

"Hi!" I yelled back, chuckled.

His eyes trailed down my body, soaking it all in before looking up at me. He leaned down, his lips touching my ear. "You look great!"

I chuckled, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Thanks!"

He was clad in his usual outfit, a tee shirt and black jeans. He smiled at me, handing me a small glass, alcohol filling it to the top.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "It's a shot!"

He clinked his against mine before drinking it. I mimicked his actions, scrunching up my face at the taste.

Half and hour later, I was tipsy, Calum's arm wrapped around my waist as we danced. He threw his head back as the music pumped through the house, sweat glistening off his neck. 

I smiled at him, wrapping an arm around his neck. He leaned down, his lips brushing against my shoulder as he twirled in a circle.

He was so freaking hot. 

Suddenly, I was being pulled away from the crowd and into the bathroom by the kitchen. My back was pressed against the door, Calum standing in front of me.

Before I knew it, I stood on my toes, pulling his head down to meet mine as I pressed my lips against his. He instantly kissed back, one hand holding my hip tightly, the other caressing the side of my face.

I was kissing Calum Hood. I was kissing a hot frat boy. I, goody-two shoes Alex Taylor, was drunk and kissing a hot frat boy. 

Both of his hands went to my hips, lifting me up and setting me on the counter. He slotted himself between my legs, his tongue dipping into my mouth, deepening the kiss.

His fingers slowly slid up my legs and underneath my dress, kneading my skin softly. I pulled back, breathing heavily as my fingers slid into his hair, pulling softly at the locks. I didn't know what I was doing. What the freaking heck was happening??

What was I doing?

He started to kiss down my neck, making me moan softly. 

This wasn't right. What was I doing? I couldn't do this. This isn't me.

"Wait, wait, stop," I said, pushing softly at his chest. "Calum."

He pulled back to look at me, concern filling his eyes, my red lipstick painting his swollen lips. "Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you?"

"No, no, I-I just can't-" I jumped off the counter, brushing my hair back from my face, reaching for the doorknob. "I'm sorry."

I pushed through the crowd and out the door, breathing in the fresh air. 

"What the fudge just happened?" I asked myself, sitting down on the bench, catching my breath.