thirty-two

I met Calum at some weird address he sent me off campus, the sign telling me that it was a tattoo parlor

Oh heck to the no.

He caught a glimpse of me through the window, coming out to meet me. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips, taking my hand and intertwining our fingers. It's been a couple months since Calum and I got together but also broke up. No one has cracked our shells yet and things were going surprisingly smoothly. 

"What kind of date is this?" I teased, bumping his shoulder with mine.

"I was thinking about getting a new one and maybe..possibly, you get one too?"

"No way in hell, my parents would kill me."

"They'd kill you if you breathed in the wrong direction," he joked, waving at the girl at register before pulling me towards the displays with all the tattoos. "Live a little."

He started to look through them and I did too, what could it hurt? I was an adult.

"Can I pick yours?" He asked me.

"No way in hell." I repeated, letting out a laugh.

"C'mon, please?" he begged. "It'll be something you like, please."

"Calum, I am not trusting you with something that will be on my body forever."

He poked out his bottom lip, taking my hand. "Please, I promise it'll be something you will like."

I met his eyes, chewing on my lip as I thought about it. "Ugh, fine, but it has to be small."

"You can't see it until it's done."

"That's just wrong, Hood."

He pressed a kiss to my cheek before flipping through the books, hiding them from me. I chuckled, leaving him to pick out the tattoo.

I walked around the shop, taking in the different tattoos pinned on the walls. 

"You must be special."

I turned around, the cashier standing behind me, her arms crossed over her chest. "Sorry?"

"I didn't mean it like that," she chuckled, coming to stand beside me. "It's just, Calum comes in here a lot, he's not brought a girl before."

I smiled, looking down at my feet. "That's sweet."

"I've never seen him smile so much, how long have you two been together?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I thought. "Umm, I don't know, he just officially asked me to be his girlfriend two months ago."

"You two are cute." She smiled before heading back over to the register.

"You ready?" Calum asked me as I returned to his side.

"I don't know, I have a low pain tolerance," I said, my nerves starting to act up. "How much will it hurt?"