seveteen

"You're going on a date with Calum Hood?" Jessie screamed, jumping around the small room

"It's not a date!" I quickly said. "It's a friend thing, we're just hanging out."

"Alone, together, his treat, that's a date!"

"It's not." I muttered, intertwining my fingers in my lap.

Jessie started digging through her closet, pulling out some slutty dress she'd force me into. "Here, this is perfect for-"

"No, I'm not wearing a dress, or anything of yours," I said, shoving it back in her hands. "I'm wearing a tee shirt and shorts."

"What? That's so boring." She frowned.

"What do you think Calum is gonna wear?" I asked. "Probably a muscle tank and black jeans."

"Wear the dress."

"No, Jessie, it's casual, not a date."

She huffed, falling back on her bed. "When will you become normal?"

"When you stop being a horny hoebag."

"Did you just call me a hoebag?"

"Sorry." I chuckled.

I changed into one of the band tee shirts that I always hid from my parents, Green Day plastered across the front and some jean shorts. If they ever found out that I listened to bands like that, I wouldn't have any music privilege.

I left my hair down, letting Jessie put on some natural makeup. There was a knock on the door, meaning that Calum was here.

Jessie opened the door and smiled at me. "Come on in."

I stood up and smiled, meeting his brown eyes. "You ready?"

I nodded, grabbing my purse and following him out. We walked out to the student parking lot, where Calum walked over to the passenger side of a car, opening it and smiling at me.

I got inside and Calum closed the door, getting into the driver's side. "So, where are we off to?"

Calum smiled at me. "It's a surprise."

I groaned. "I don't like surprises."

"I don't care." He smiled, turning on the radio, playing whatever CD what in there. 

Green Day started playing through the car, making me turn and look at Calum. "You like Green Day?"

He turned to me and laugh. "I love Green Day."

I pulled my jacket back to show my shirt. He laughed, looking over at me. "That's awesome, what's your favorite song?"

I groaned. "How can I choose?"

He laughed again. "My favorite is probably Jesus of Suburbia."

I gasped and smiled. "That's my favorite."

"I never pegged you as a girl who liked Green Day," he smiled. "No offense."

"It's okay, it's my parents," I said. "They kind of control everything I do."

"I understand," he nods. "My parents are the same way."

"What?" I asked, shocked.

He shrugged. "You think I went to college to become a frat boy?"

I opened my mouth to ask some more questions but stopped when he pulled up to an ice cream shop. "We're here."

"Ice cream?" I chuckled. 

"Best ice cream shop in Southern California." He smiled, opening the door for me.

I followed him inside, looking over the menu. 

"I want two scoops of mint chocolate in a bowl." He said as the cashier rang him up.

He turned to me, raising his eyebrows. "I want the same thing."

He paid for the ice cream as I picked them up, handing him his. "Mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream too."

I followed him outside and over the deck, where we went onto the beach. I smiled at him, walking on the beach and eating our ice cream.

He took mine from my hand after we were done, tossing them in the trash can. We continued walking down the beach, the sun starting to set.

He extended his hand to me and I smiled softly, intertwining our fingers. 

The ride home was quiet, a comfortable silence settling between us. A smile was setting on my face after our date, my cheeks red with happiness.

We got back to campus, the sky dark, the lights filling the dark campus. Calum walked me back to my dorm, our footsteps echoing down the empty hallway.

He grabbed my hand as we stopped at my door, forcing me to look at him. A small smile spread across my face as my eyes met his.

"I'm not good at any of this stuff," I said, looking down at our intertwined fingers. "I've never had a boyfriend. I've never done any of this stuff."

"That's perfectly fine," he said, tipping my head up to look at him. "Can we just see where this goes?"

I nodded, starting to pull my hand from his. He squeezed my hand tighter, not letting me go. "Can I kiss you?"

I looked up at him, my cheeks burning as I nodded again.

I smiled as he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine in a kiss. Both of his hands went to my face as mine balled his tee shirt in my hands, pulling him closer.

He pulled back, his forehead resting against mine as we both laughed softly. I smiled again, pressing a kiss to his cheek before opening the door.

"Goodnight, Calum."

"Goodnight, Alex."