eleven

Another couple weeks passed and things started to die down

Another couple weeks passed and things started to die down. Apparently, Calum told his boys to chill out with the name calling and they actually listened. He called off his dogs.

It was another infamous Thursday night in our dorm room when Jessie brought up the party tomorrow night.

Every weekend, the frat houses threw parties. Every single weekend, Friday through Sunday. Thursday and Friday were the prep days for the boys, they went to classes and then disappeared until Friday morning. 

Planning and plotting the biggest party, each one outdoing the other. It was ridiculous, really.

"So, they're throwing a party tomorrow night..."

I chuckled, continuing scribbling the outline for an essay. "Like every other Friday."

"I was thinking that you could come.."

I looked up at her, furrowing my eyebrows. "Do you remember what happened last time? Nope, not gonna happen."

"C'mon, Ally, I think if you actually got out of your head for more than two seconds you could have a good time."

"Excuse me?"

"You know what I mean," she chuckled. "You're like a fucking robot."

"Excuse me?" I repeated.

"I mean, you go to class and scribble down everything the teacher has to say and then you start an assignment that's not due for like two weeks! I've never seen you do anything that's actually fun."

"No, I don't-"

"When's that paper you're doing right now due?" She said, putting her hands on her hips.

I huffed. "The 23rd."

"It's the 14th, Alex!"

"I'm not going to the freaking party!"

"Why won't you cuss? That's really fucking annoying."

I scoffed, shutting my laptop before standing up. "I'd rather not go out and drown myself in alcohol and open my legs for whichever guy looks at me right." I slam my hand over my mouth as I finished.

"Oh, fuck you, Alex, real classy." She started to turn around and leave.

"And I'm not a fu-fudging robot, Jessie, I can have fun."

"Oh, really?" she smirked at me. "Prove it."

"Fine, I'll go to the stupid party, just to show you that I can have fun and that I'm not a robot." I declared, smirking confidently.

She smiled at me, grabbing her bag. "Great."

As she left, I fell on the bed and sighed heavily. "Frick."

The next day flew by and I regretted my decision even more with every minute that passed. I don't know why but having her telling me that I was a robot and couldn't have fun really got under my skin, I mean, people have been telling me that since I was little but it was different coming from her.