four

I woke up early the following Monday to get ready for class with plenty of time to spare

I woke up early the following Monday to get ready for class with plenty of time to spare. Jessie sent me to the cafe to get a couple coffees. I stepped inside, heading over to the cashier before ordering Jessie's usual.

"How are you paying today?"

"Cash." Someone said over my shoulder, their chest pressing against my back as they leaned over, handing the cashier the money.

I turned and met those gushed over brown eyes of Calum Hood. "Thanks."

He nodded, waiting patiently behind me. I turned and sent him another kind smile before going back to the dorms. I gave Jess her coffee before walking with her to class.

"So, I ran into Calum at the coffee shop," I smiled, looking at her. "He paid for our coffees."

"Oh my god," Jessie laughed, squeezing my hand tighter. "He's such a gentleman. What did you say to him?"

"Umm...thank you?"

"Did you get his number? Offer to-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" I stopped her, letting out a laugh. "No, I didn't get his number, I don't want to be friends with him or anything."

"Um, why not?"

I shrugged. "I just want to get through college without any troubles."

Jessie cocked her head to the side, raising her eyebrows. "Troubles?"

"Boys are always trouble," I said, stopping in front of my classroom door. "Especially frat boys."

"But he's so hot." She groaned, grinning at me.

"And he's all yours," I smiled, pushing her softly. "Now, go to class before you're late."

I went inside the classroom, not shocked to see there was only a few students littering around in the large room.

In California, business wasn't really the preferred major. I sat down in a seat towards the front, pulling out my laptop and my notebook, waiting for the instructor to arrive.

Someone sat down beside me, making me look up at them. Those brown eyes.

"Hey, Alex, right?"

"Umm, yeah, Calum, right?"

He nodded and sent me a smile. "We've got to stop running into each other."

"I agree."

It fell silent between us as the instructor entered the room, introducing himself and starting to call out the role. Having Calum sit next to me was awkward. I didn't want to get near him, risking that to touch him I would have to apologize, which would just result in even more awkward mumbling.

What was a frat boy like Calum doing in AP Business class?

I thought all frat boys did was get drunk and have sex. I didn't think they actually went to their classes, not AP classes.

Once class was over, I quickly collected my things and hurried out the room. 

"Alex, wait up!" I heard Calum say from behind me.

I turned around, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. I really wasn't interested in whatever he had in mind about me.

"What, Calum?"

He stopped in front of me, scratching the back of his neck before smiling. "We're having a party this Friday and I would like you to come."

"I don't do parties," I shook my head. "Or boys."

He chuckled, meeting my eyes. "Think about it?"

"There's nothing to thin-"

"Please?" He smiled, biting his lip.

I ignored the flip my stomach did when he looked up at me. I wanted to go to his party. "I'll think about it."

He smiled again. "Okay, cool, hope to see you there."

I nodded before turning around and continuing on my way. 

I finished all the school work for the day before grabbing something to eat with Jessie. I decided not to tell her about Calum's party invitation because I knew she would force me to come.

I planned on not going, it was already set in stone, I was probably going to go home for the weekend. My parents had been texting me all week, being the usual clingy parents they always were.

I knew not to get involved with a boy, much less a frat boy, but Calum Hood always got what he wanted.