thirty

[contains sexual content]

"What happened to that boy?" My mom asked me at breakfast before I left.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, looking down at my plate. "Didn't work out. Should have listened to you."

She nodded, pressing a kiss to my temple. "We're always right, we do love you even though we're tough on you, it's only for the best."

I nodded, not saying anything.

"Even though you did this to your hair," she ruffled her hands through it. "We're giving you your car back."

"Thanks." I muttered, finishing and standing up.

"I know that you're mad at us," she spoke softly. "I mean, it's kind of obvious, you didn't cut you hair because you felt like it. I'm sorry that we can't let you ruin your life with a boy and parties."

"I'm an adult, Mom, Calum wasn't hurting anything," I scoffed, turning my back to her. "I was having fun for once in my life, felt free."

"Freedom doesn't last and neither do boys."

"I'm well aware of that."

"Then you should be happy you've got that player out of your life."

"Don't call him that, Mom, he's still a person."

She stepped forward, her eyebrows raising. "Were you not crying about him just last night?"

I turned around, rolling my eyes.

"That's what I thought, any boy that hurts you isn't worth it."

"Fine, whatever, I've got to get going."

 I grabbed my bag, heading for the door. "Alex Taylor, get your ass back here."

I huffed, spinning on my heel and going back to the kitchen, where my father stood with his hands on his hips. "What?"

"Firstly, drop that attitude and remember who you're talking to," he said to me. "Tell us bye, we don't know when we're going to see you again."

I hugged them both tightly, pulling a tight smile on my lips before heading outside. Once I was in the car, I was able to take a deep breath, turning on the CD's I leave in.

Green Day blasted on the radio as I drove back to school, stopping to get gas and grab something to eat before finishing the drive.

I pulled my bag from the trunk, walking slowly towards the dorm. Jessie warned me that Luke was over and I was really hoping that they weren't having sex because I was not in the mood for that awkward situation.

Someone's arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me backwards, their hand pressed against my mouth.

I let out an instant scream but it was muffled by their hand. My back was pressed into a tree as I started pushing against the person in front of me.