thirty-one

I woke up the next morning, Calum's arm tightly wounded around my waist, his chin in the crook of my neck, his feet tangled with mine

A smile spread across my face as I remembered last night. The house was still quiet, which worried me for a second. A house full of boys, quiet, yeah right. I looked up at the clock on the bedside table, seeing that it was after eleven.

On a Monday. Oh shit, we had class.

I threw the covers off, prying Calum's hands from me, looking around for my clothes. Oh frick, I was gonna miss class. I was missing class.

Calum's arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back into bed, a groan coming from his mouth. "Where are you going?"

"Calum, we have class, we're late for class."

He hummed, snuggling into my chest. "We're already late, forget it."

"Cal, I've never missed class."

He looked up at me, sticking his bottom lip out. "Just stay and cuddle with me, please?"

I rolled my eyes at his pouting face before nodding. "Fine, only because you're too cute in the morning."

"Cute? I'm a sexy man."

I laughed, pulling the covers over my body, my ear pressing against his chest. "Sure."

I sighed and closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of his warm body pressed against mine, his heart beating against my ear.

Calum moved so that I was now laying on my back, his head pressed against my chest and his fingers moving underneath my shirt, drawing shapes on my abdomen. I pushed my hands into his hair, brushing the blonde streaks back.

"Did you really dye your hair because I cut mine?"

He nodded. "It was time for a change and I wanted you to know that I really liked you."

"Well, it worked didn't it?" I chuckled.

He moved to where his fingers were clutching the side of my face, his eyes meeting mine. "I want you to know that this isn't just some fling, I want to be with you."

"I want to be with you, too." I mumbled back, pushing his hair from his forehead.

"But?"

"Our parents," I said to him. "You know how they both are and how much education means to us both."

"Are you saying you want to break up?"

I shook my head. "No, no, I just-I think that we should, you know.."

"Keep it a secret?"

I nodded, biting my lip, waiting for his answer. "I don't know..I can barely keep my hands off you as it is now, especially when you do that."

I laughed, ignoring the burning of my cheeks. "I was going to suggest we be friends but even I know that's not possible."

He nodded, pressing a kiss to my exposed shoulder. "It's your fault. You're too hot."

"No, I'm not," I shoved him playfully. "Whatever happened to my bag?"

"I think it's downstairs, I know I grabbed it but I don't remember where I put it-"

"Oh shit," I said as I looked at my phone, seeing a bunch of missed calls from Jessie and my mom. "Jessie probably thinks I got kidnapped."

I quickly texted Jessie that I ended up in Calum's bed once again and called my mom. 

"Alex, there you are, I called you like eight times last night," my mom said from the other side as Calum started pressing kisses to my shoulders. "Why are you answering the phone? Shouldn't you be in class?"

I shrugged him off, trying to get out his grip. "I got sick when I got home last night and took some medicine and fell asleep, I missed class."

"Alex-"

"I know I should have went to class, I was just not feeling well."

"Are you taking your medicine?"

"Mom, I don't need them."

"I don't know, you've been acting really down lately, the doctor said if you start feeling de-"

"I said I don't need them!"

Calum stopped kissing me, looking up at my face. I finished the conversation with my mom, tossing my phone on the bedside. 

"What's wrong?" Calum asked, sitting up beside me.

"Nothing." I sighed, closing my eyes.

Calum took my hand, pressing a kiss to my knuckles. "Please don't lie to me."

I looked over at him, meeting his brown eyes. "My mom thinks I need to get back on my depression medicine."

"You were on depression meds?"

I nodded. "When my brother left for college, I felt really alone and I couldn't go to my parents, I didn't really have anyone. They thought I was depressed."

"Were you?"

"Yeah."

By the time the boys got out of class, I was hugging Calum tightly, him pressing kisses to my lips, face, and neck. 

"So, are you my girlfriend?"

I pulled back to look at him, furrowing my eyebrows together. "Not if you ask like that."

He laughed, moving down and one knee, pressing a kiss to my knuckles. "Alex, will you please be my girlfriend?"

"Let me think about it," I joked, tilting my head pretending I was thinking. He tugged my hand, a whine falling from his lips. "Of course I will, Cal."

He smiled and pressed another kiss to my lips. "Now, we have to fight so the boys think we broke up."

"Okay, just don't slap me this time." He smirked. 

I nodded, grabbing my bag from the floor and turning to him. "How could you! You think I'm another one of your sluts?"

Calum tried not to laugh as I stormed out of the room and down the stairs, all the boys' eyes falling on us. 

"Alex, I-"

"Oh, cut the bullshit, Calum, you say you're different but are you really?" I shoved at his chest. "You're an asshole, don't ever call me, text me, or talk to me ever again or I swear to the gods above I'll file a restraining order against you."

"Alex, please-"

I pulled my hand from his, leaving the frat house. 

As I made my way back to the dorms, a small smile spread across my face.