eighteen

I pried Calum's fingers from my bare thigh, pushing it back on his side of the chair

I pried Calum's fingers from my bare thigh, pushing it back on his side of the chair. I felt my face heat up with embarrassment as the teacher sent us a dirty look. 

Over the past couple weeks, Calum and I have been hanging out more, not doing anything official. Sure, we've made out a few times, but Jessie says that normal between friends in college. She was the biggest college expert that I knew, so she had to be right.

He leaned close to me, his lips brushing against my ear. "What are you doing after class?"

I turned to him and let out a soft laugh. "Homework."

"No," he pouted, setting his head on my shoulder. "Come hang out with me."

"I don't know," I teased, biting my lip. "What am I getting out of this?"

He smiled at me, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "A pizza and a cuddle?"

I smiled again, shoving him with my elbow. "Pay attention to the professor and I'll think about it."

After class, Calum slipped his hand in mine and pulled me through the crowd and into the frat house. He smiled at me, wrapping an arm around me as he pulled me upstairs. 

I heard the boys downstairs laugh as we went into Calum's room, falling onto his bed. He smiled at me, pulling me into his chest, wrapping an arm around me.

I looked up at him, resting my chin on his chest. He smiled softly at me, brushing a piece of hair from my face. "How did we end up here?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, resting a hand on my face. "What do you mean?"

"You're a frat boy and I'm a nerd," I chuckled, meeting his eyes. "People like us don't work out. Society is divided into these categories for a reason."

"Why are you so worried about that?" he asked, sitting up and taking my face in his hands. "I like spending time with you and you like to spend time with me, isn't that enough?"

I nodded in his hands as he smiled, leaning down and kissing me softly. I smiled into the kiss, my hand going up into his hair, brushing my fingers through his hair.

"Are you coming to the party tomorrow night?" He asked, pulling back to look at me.

"I don't know, do you want me to come?"

He leaned down and kissed me again, harder this time, reassuringly. I smiled at him as he pressed a kiss to the side of my neck. "I'll take that as a yes."

***

"You have your own dress?" Jessie gasped at me. "Let me see it."

I pulled the two piece from the bag, waiting for Jessie to scold me.

She looked over it before smiling. "I actually really like it. It's cute and you."

"Thanks?" I smiled at her. "It's a two piece, actually, I wanted to try something new."

She smiled at me. "I like this new you, ever since you and Calum starting dating-"

"We're not dating."

"He's off limits since you two started..hanging out, you're something." She smirked.

"We're friends." I shrugged.

"With benefits."

"No, the only benefits is the occasional kiss."

"Mhm." She hummed, smiling at me.

We both got ready together, Jessie curled my hair and I did a light makeup, per usual. 

"You're coming out of your shell and I love it."

"Whatever." I chuckled, pulling her out of the dorm and towards the frat house.

It was the same scene every time. Music blasting, drunks dancing, some already passed out. I went inside first this time, searching the crowd for Calum.

He suddenly appeared in front of me, a smirk on his lips. "There you are!"

He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my cheek, grinning at me. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I chuckled as he intertwined our fingers, pulling me forward. "I'll catch you later, Jess!"

"Have fun, babe!" She yelled back, making me laugh.

I turned back to Calum, who already had shots ready for us. "You ready to get wasted, baby?"

I let out another laugh, taking the shot from his hand. "Heck yeah."

An hour later, I was just a bit tipsy. Teetering on the edge of tipsy. A bit drunk. 

Calum's arms were wrapped tightly around me as our bodies moved against each others with the music. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my neck, laughing.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him upstairs, trying to get somewhere quiet. I kicked open the door to his bedroom, nearly falling inside with him wrapped around me.

We both collapsed on his bed, laughs tumbling from our mouths.

I looked up at him, my eyes meeting his as our laughter started to die down.

Suddenly, he leaned down, pressing his lips against mine, pushing me back so he was hovering over me.

"You look so hot in this," he murmured, his fingers sliding underneath the strap of my dress. "God, you're driving me crazy."

I pulled him down and kissed him again, my skin burning as he removed his fingers. My face burned with embarrassment as he pressed his lips against my neck.