Part 10

While coming back Navya saw us and i bid bye to Manik and went to her. Navya said: you both look good together why dont you try him? I widened my eyes and looked at Navya to see if she is serious. She was looking serious but i want to ignore that question so i said "Navya, can you shut up.. what are you talking?"

Navya: okay sorry mam.. 🤐

We went to hostel and changed to comfortable clothes. I went to balcony and sat there remembering the moments i shared with Manik sometime back. This is the first time i am feeling like this, what is happening to me when i see him, his mere touch is sending shivers to me. I need to be cautious when he is around and dont want to do something which i will regret later.

Navya came after some time and we both were discussing about practice and other girly stuff.

Next day we went early to campus to have breakfast in college canteen. We four sat there and talking about random topics when Manik and Cabir came and joined us. While talking to them In between i was stealing glances at Manik. Day by day he is looking more handsome to me.

After classes we went for their practice. I was waiting in backyard for Manik. Manik came after 10 min with his guitar and sat next to me.

Manik: Hi friend 😁

Nandini: hi Manik😊 how was your day

Manik: nothing interesting till now but now its going to be. He said last line slowly but I heard it and smiled.

Nandini: okay shall we start practice.

We practiced for 2 hours and decided on songs that we are going to perform. Manik is really good with guitar, i am impressed by it but i did not say to him.

After practice we sat there and talked for a while.

Manik: lets leave, its already late..

Nandini: Haan will leave then Navya must be waiting ...

When i was going he said "ha Nandini.. let me drop you till gate"

I nodded and we both started walking.. we were walking in silence enjoying the presence of each other. When we reached hostel gate he said "Good night"

I wished him back and went inside, he waited till i reach my room and left from there.

Next two days were same with classes and practice. Daily after practice Manik used to drop me near hostel. It was friday, and only one day left for program.. me and Manik practiced all the songs and we are ready to perform. Manik said "Our performance is going to be best"

Nandini: again.. "mr.over confident is back"

Manik: and again its not over confidence its self confidence

Nandini: whatever.. i am going.. lets meet tomorrow morning by 10 so we can practice one more time before program.

While leaving I remembered something and asked "Manik what are you wearing tomorrow?"

Manik: Normal shirt and jeans.. why?

Nandini: arey we need to colour coordinate to look good on stage.

Manik: ohhh to look good.. anyway we both look good together so no need to worry i guess..

I looked at him expecting explanation for this. Suddenly he realised what he said and started to cover up.. "i mean you look good and i also look good.. thats what i mean" i said "ohh" Manik: haa

Nandini: but still i insist to wear same colour

Manik: okay tell me which colour

Nandini: What about Red/black

Manik: ohh i need to check.. after going to my room i will check and tell you

Nandini: okay

I saw him scratching his neck which I observed in these days whenever he is nervous he used to do that.

Nandini: Manik you want to ask me something

Manik: haa Nandini.. your number to call you back...

I smiled and gave my number. He usually dropped me near hostel gate and went from there. I went inside and changed to my nightwear. Navya not yet came as they are still practicing for program.

I received a notification and when i saw it was from unknown number. I opened the message and it was from Manik "friend.. i have red.. so its final?"

Nandini: okay friend.. red final..

Manik: did you reach room safely

Nandini mischievously said: yeah yeah i reached safely from gate to room 😜

Manik: oh good .. okay then see you tomorrow goodnight I kept my mobile aside smilingly thinking about tomorrow.