Part 13

Part 13:

Next day since it was Sunday i got up late. We directly had lunch and came back to room gossiping about yesterday event. Suddenly I remembered that next Friday is Manik birthday. I said "oh shit.. how can i forget"
Navya: what you forgot?
"Arey next Friday Manik birthday i thought today i will go and take gift for him."
Navya: so what ? We can go now also? Why are you panicking?
"Hmm.. then what are you waiting for go get ready fast we will leave in 10 min."

After that we both went to mall I decided to buy one shirt but i was not liking any.
Navya: Nandu this is the last shop. If we don't get anything we are leaving..
"Navya nothing is good here.. you only say I should give something good na as its my first gift to him.. please we will try in another shop.." She just sighed and we went to another shop. There I found what i was looking for and happily took it.

By the time we reached hostel it was 8 pm.. i was thinking why Manik didn't call me and checked my mobile only to find it dead. Immediately i kept for charge and waited for 5 min. When I restarted it started showing messages of missed calls ...10 missed calls from Manik.. I immediately called him, once he answered i said "sorry sorry Manik, me and Navya went to mall and my mobile was in silent mode and later I didn't know when it got switched off"
Manik: okay Nandu. Just breathe calm.. once i was normal he said "your sorry accepted but next time don't repeat it.. wherever you go inform me and go .. once you reach just message me "
I said okay and felt very happy that he got worried for me though he didn't say it directly. with that we talked for sometime, when he asked why we went to mall i said for sine girly things later he didn't question me.

Next 4 days were normal. Daily Manik and Cabir used to join us for lunch and Me and Manik used to chat for sometime at night. Thursday evening we four and Cabir gathered to plan Manik's birthday. So we all went to backyard giving different reasons to him and decided what to do.
As per plan i had called Manik at 11.45 PM and he picked immediately. He asked "Nandu what happened? Why you called me at this hour? Is everything alright?" I said "Manik i am not feeling good bit disturbed .. i want to go backyard so that's why I called you if you can come"
He said "okay.. wait near your hostel i will come there"

I suddenly said "no..... i mean i am waiting near you hostel gate you come out" to which he got angry and said "are you mad? Did you see the time? Wait i am coming there"

Manik came out within two minutes and coming towards me with angry expression. To avoid scolding from him i faked sad expression and Manik looked at me worriedly. He asked "what happened?" I said i will tell him once we reach lake. I took him to backyard where all others were waiting hiding. Once clock strikes 12 everyone came outside singing Happy birthday song and all had lanterns with them. First Manik was surprised later he said thanks to everyone and hugged.
Cabir brought cake and he cut it and fed everyone. When i was feeding him cake he was looking at him intensely and took cake to give it to me but instead of giving it to my hand he applied cream in my face. I shouted "Manikkkk" he said "this one is for lying to me babe" i also took some cream and tried to apply on his face Then started the cake fight everyone started throwing cake in each other.

After sometime we all cleaned ourselves and i gave my gift to Manik. I was looking at his expression he seemed happy with my choice and said thanks. I smiled in return. Later Cabir gave his gift to Manik which he said he will open later. But i said "no you should open it now.. we want to see"
Manik: Nandini i will message later after seeing the gift
I didn't agree and asked him to open the gift now. Cabir also said "ha open Manik why are you getting scared to open the gift ?"
Manik: i know you will do something stupid to make me embarrassed i will not open it now.

I took that gift from Manik and immediately opened it. Both Manik and Cabir shouted "NOOOO" but I already opened it and I widened my eyes and mouth hung open.. immediately i closed it and gave it back to Manik.
He opened it and saw looking equally embarrassed and glared at Cabir.. Cabir just shrugged and said "its your 19th birthday so I thought it would be helpful you know may be you never know when you need it especially when you have such a hot girls following"
Manik hit on his head and asked him to shut up...
i felt angry by imagining Manik with some other girl and looked at him angrily only to find him already looking at me.

I ignored him and started cleaning that place.. After 15 min we were done and all started to leave but Manik held my hand and said "you guys carry on.. we will come in sometime " they nodded and left.

When all left I asked him "what you want to talk?"
Manik: Nandu ignore whatever Cabir said.. you know that I don't like any one..
Still angrily i said: why are you giving me explanation I didn't ask you anything.

Manik held me hands and turned my head towards him and said "Nandini look into my eyes" i did as he said and he continued "You dont need to get jealous or angry on someone.. you have special place in my heart that no one can replace" with this gesture from him i felt something in my heart. Later we sat there in silence enjoying full moon and its reflection in lake.. when Manik said "come we will leave" i nodded and we both started going to my hostel.

He dropped near gate and when i was leaving he held my hand and kissed me on my forehead.

That moment when his lips touched my skin i felt like flying and something happened in my heart, thousands of butterflies erupted from my stomach.. the same moment i realised the connection that we have is LOVE... yes I LOVE HIM.... 😍😍.... unknowingly happy tears came in my eyes when I looked at Manik he got worried and asked what happened why are you crying? I ignored his questions and hugged him tightly.