Part 20

Final year , the worst year in my life. Day by day our fight kept on increasing. I told Navya about everything. As our campus interview was near, Navya asked me to concentrate on that. I was engaged in project and placement work, so I couldn't talk with him properly, sometimes I cant give company to him for lunch. But whatever work, he always had time for me. I don't want to hurt Manik by saying like talking with Aryaman, hanging out with friends, not spending time with him more than what he expected. So I started lying to him. But I felt very guilty to do that, still it atleast reduced the fight happening between us.

Aryaman became my good friend. He is so friendly . I always talked about Manik only to him. I never told about my fight with Manik because of him. I asked Aryaman not to say about our friendship to anyone. I hid my friendship with Aryaman from Manik. But as we were together in placement more rumours started to spread in college that we are in love. But I didn't even mind that because my Manu was believing me and that's enough for me. Still he was so angry about this, he doesn't want to hear anything wrong about me and always advised me not to talk with him. By god's sake placement got over soon and we got placed in good MNC's. Then final exam. We started to prepare for that. Project review also got over. Manik's project got award again and few companies asked him to give the project to their companies but he ignore and gave it to his dad'd company for development. My dad business success party was there after our exams so my mom booked tickets the next day to my final exam. I planned to say my love to Manik on my last day of our college.

Afternoon 2 to 5 was our exam. I choose beach to say my love to him. I said to him to meet me after exam. We both were going to beach Aryaman texted me and I started to chat in mobile with him. As Manik was away from me he didn't notice that. Aryaman knows that I am going to propose Manik so he was encouraging and advising me.

We reached beach and sat in the same place. This was the moment I was longing since I found I have fallen in love with him. I brought the dairy with me. I didn't prepare anything anyway even if I prepare it wont work. I never thought what if rejects me or if he ends our friendship. The only thing I was thinking is I need to say my love and everything which I have been hiding from him so far. It may be a wrong decision but I need to say it today. Next day early morning train for me to Mangalore. I don't want to carry this love with me alone, I want to share it with him. My heart was beating very fast.I felt very nervous to say the three words and my mind was fully filled with the memories of days we were together.

' Whom you were msging in cab' He interrupted." I always lied to him in phone but not to his eyes. But if I lie to him now then everthing will be fine. My last lie to him.Is that right? No... I don't want to start this relationship with a lie. " I thought.

'Its Aryaman ' I murmured.

'I didn't hear it, say properly' his tone was rude. I know he heard what I said.

I raised my tone' Aryaman.' He was silent. I can feel his temper. I was speechless. The mistake is mine so I don't want to argue with him . I waited for him to speak. But he didn't tell a word after that.

'I am sorry Manu.' I apologised but I know this is not enough. He was still silent. I heard a beep sound from my mobile, before I saw the mobile, Manik took it from me. He opened the msg. He went to peak of anger after seeing that msg. He handed the mobile to me. My fate played there. It was Aryaman.

"Sorry Nandu, I got some work yaar so only I couldn't reply you. Ok you continue. Dont worry dear. Everything will be fine. Msg me after you come to home.Waiting for ur msg. I love you" The end of my life.I was worrying how I will say my love to Manik. So only he msged like this but this is the first time he is messaging like this. But I don't know why he messaged me like this but that is not important now I want to talk with Manik about this. I saw Manik but he turned his face. He got up and started to walk away from me. I too got up and started to walk behind him.