Part 33

After lunch we all started to beach house in mini van and I had to sit next to Manik.. It is two hours journey so I decided to sleep.. When I got up I am in room not van.. I woke up with jerk thinking "how come I am here.. who brought me?" While thinking room door opened and I saw Manik entering room.. He said "Ahh finally you decided to wake up... and before you think anything I only got you to the room so stop talking to your brain.."

"You should have woken me up"

"Do you think I didn't try" he said

I looked down embarassingly and went to freshen up..

These two days we enjoyed alot and with Manik I was behaving normal as I dont want to fight with him before I leave.. Sunday we all returned and my in-laws and friends left by evening.

Today its Sunday and I am going to leave India on Tuesday. I informed Manik about this, but he didn't even talk a word about that and he left by taking his car. But before I go to London I want to meet my friends, especially Navya.

I tried to her land line number but no one picked up the call. I was afraid to meet her. Whatever the problem was, I should have talked with her. I didn't reply for her mails also. I went to her home but she was not there, her mom told me that she is working in US and she gave me her number.

I dialled her number after three rings she answered..

'Hello' she answered.

'Hi Navya, this is Nandini.'

'Nandini, hey how are you? Where are you now?' She was so excited.

'Ya I am fine, I am in Chennai only. What about you? I came to your home but you are not here.'

'Ha I got onsite offer so I am staying in US.. What about you ? Why you did not even contact me after college? You know what I am so angry on you.. You better have explanation for doing this..'

Before I start she said 'Nandu.. Shall I call you after 30 min.. right now I am in meeting.. I will face time..' And she disconnected the call.

After 30 min she called me again..

I was so happy to see her.. She looked at me and asked

'You got married?' She was excited. I nodded my head.

'What you did in these 4 years?' I asked.

'I didn't have any contact with our college friends after you went. I did MBA in Bangalore and got placed in MNC and currently from last 6 months I am staying in US. I tried to contact you many times. But you forgot me, you didn't call me after you reached Mangalore. For Manik's mistake, you punished us.'

'Don't call him as idiot.'

'Are you still crazy about him? Because of him only you are like this, don't forget that'

'You didn't ask anyone about me and Manik?'

'All asked to me only about you, even Manik asked about you. Why should I ask about Manik?'

'Manik asked about me? What and when he asked' I was excited.

'Nandini you didn't change till now. Change the topic. When you got married? Is your husband here?'

'Please Navya, answer me.'

'Ok, He contacted me after you are gone, I scolded him and disconnected the call. But after some days he started to call me often, so I said that you got engaged with someone and told him not to disturb you. Even two weeks back also he called me'