Part 18

Manik topped the campus even in second year. He and Cabir were working really hard for the project. Daily we used to meet in backyard and after coming back to room also he used to call me. I got addicited to his voice and if he sings then I used to sleep. I used to demand him more.

When we were in our third year we got holidays for four days and Manik went to Mumbai. Our class boys organized mini trip to Kanyakumari. We planned to go on Sunday. Saturday night I called Manik to say about this.

He picked the phone with in two rings and said 'Hello'.

'Hello, what are you doing there?'

'Just now had dinner, now in terrace, Did you have your dinner?'

'No, after some time, Hey we planned to go to Kanyakumari'

'Oh that's good, But come to home soon and keep messaging me'

'hmmm sure, You know what, My whole class is going together for the first time'

'Class?'

'No, My class boys are also coming.'

'Who put this plan? Why suddenly?'

'Aryaman only put this plan, Next year we will busy with our project work, right?'

' No need to go Nandini, I asked you to stop talking with Aryaman, but you are still talking with him.'

'I am not talking, he asked all girls to come, not only me, Manu he forgot everything. no need to worry!'

'What the hell you are doing? Can't you stay in hostel for one weekend also' He shouted like anything.

'Why you are talking like this Manu, My intention is not to roam around, Whole class is going, you want me to stay in hostel? If your class going will you be like this?'

'I don't like you going there, then its your wish.'

'I am not going, Ok, I am not in the mood to talk now, bye' I cut the phone. But he keep on calling me, I Switched off my cell and slept.

'Nandini' some one called me, I got up ,it was Navya.'

'get ready soon, Manik called me yesterday, He also coming with us'

'Manik? But he is in Mumbai. Yesterday night only I spoke with him'

'I don't know, you call him and ask' She said and went to get ready. I called him immediately. He picked the phone, 'Why you are calling now?' He asked.

'I am not going, right? Then why you are coming here? Are you doubting me?'

'Why you are talking like this? You said you guys going for first time, I don't want to spoil that and I don't like you going with him so only I am coming, don't worry I wont be with you, Cabir is also coming.. you enjoy with your friends'

'When did you came back?'

'I tried to call you for a long time, but you didn't attend, so after two hours I said to my parents that one of my friend met with an accident and I am going to meet him. I got convinced. Then we went to trip, most of the time, we were looking at each other. Whenever Aryaman tried to talk with me Manik used to call me asking for some or other thing. I smiled with his behaviour. That night we have arranged bonfire and tents near sea. Manik was playing guitar and was continuously looking at me while singing. I fell for this guy deeply and I wanted to drown more and didn't want to come back. I got mesmerised with his singing again. Late night everyone retired to their rooms I slowly sneaked out from girls dorm and went to meet Manik. As expected he was sitting on rocks near beach. I slowly went and sat next to him. We both didn't talk anything and enjoying each other presence. After some time he asked me "Lets go.. its already late.." I made cute face and said "Manu, lets sit here for some time pleasee"

Manik sighed and sat next to me.

Nandini: Manu, this place is beautiful na.

Manik: Haan.. beautiful..

When I turned I saw him looking at me.

I wanted to know his feelings about love since we are already in third year which we will complete in couple of months.

Manik: Means?

Nandini: What is love to you and what type of girl you want in your life?

Manik: For me love is trust Nandu.. If there is no trust then love never stands and I really don't bother about beauty, because beauty will fade away with time.

He shifted closed to me looked in my eyes and said You will get wrinkles on your face, your hair will be greyed, your bones will be bent but the aura or personality that you carry will remain same. I want to fall in love with aura and personality not with beauty. The cool climate and out talk made environment romantic and he bent closer to me as if he is going to kiss me on my lips. When he was about to touch my lips I came back to my senses, I pushed him little and moved away from him.

Anyways my wife will be beautiful so thats added benefit for me and winked at me.

I felt happy when he said wife not girlfriend.

Nandini: How you know whether your wife is beauty?

Manik: I just know.

With that we talked for sometime and left to sleep. We enjoyed rest of the trip.