Part 22

Today I couldn't control my emotions as my love for him dominated the hatred. During return journey also I was thinking only about my love for him and stealing glances at him. He did notice that and asked me what ? Though I did not reply. He suddenly stopped car which brought me back and I looked at him to know why he stopped the car. He was already looking at me and asked "why are you crying ? Did I do something wrong?" Then only I have realised that I am crying instead of replying I turned to other side and sobbed hard unable to control thinking if I wouldn't have lied to him then we both would have been very happy now.

Manik: Please tell me what happened? Can I do something about it? Is anything bothering ?

I thought looking at his face, How can I say you are only bothering me Manu..

Manik: Nandu please don't cry, you are scaring me... are you missing your parents ? Do you wanna talk with them?

He will be completely under my control whenever I cry ? but why did you leave me that day?

I composed bit and said "please take me home.."

He looked bit disappointed but didn't argue and soon we reached home.

I quickly got down from car, went to my room.

Due to crying I slept immediately. At mid night I suddenly got up due to nightmare when I saw time it was 2 AM. I drank water and took my mobile only to notice there are two messages from Manik.

"Hey.. are you fine?"

"Slept?"

I smiled thinking he never stop caring me and replied "Yes, I am fine"

Immediately I got reply "didn't you sleep?"

I replied "slept but got up now.. why you did not sleep yet?"

Manik: "oh that I am just reading book"

From when he started reading books instead of playing video games I thought and replied.. "okay"

Manik: Its already late sleep now..

I said okay not wanting to extend the discussion

I went and stood near window thinking about how we both used to be in college and how we are now.

It was 4 in the morning I decided to do meditation to ignore his thoughts and decided to stay away from him as I didn't want to become infant of him again. Later I went to kitchen to have coffee. I was sipping coffee when Manik came out running from his room looking for me. When he saw me, he sighed and I asked what ? Keeping my cup aside. He came near me and said his friends are coming to Chennai.. they will be here in 1 hr. I said okay.. why are you tensed ? He took my coffee cup while sipping coffee he said we need to arrange our room because my friends doesn't know about ourselves and my parents are also going to come next week. I glared at him and coffee.. he ignored it and drank my coffee then pulled me to my room to arrange clothes.. i was scolding Manik as am already having headache and he drank my coffee too.. within half an hour arrangement is done like half of my cloths were kept in his room and few his clothes were kept in my room..

Later i have started preparing breakfast for all and Manik is also there in kitchen for help rather i say to irritate me. He is telling me on how to act like good wife which irked me and i took ice from fridge and poured it on his head and said "cool Manik.. i know how to behave like good wife" started wiping his head with hand towel and said like this only right.. he glared at me and opened his mouth to say something but due to calling bell he stopped.

Me and Manik went to receive his friends. They all pounced on him and said "missed you Manik" to which he said "guys leave me I cannot breathe" they left him and mukti alya hugged me where as Dhruv and Cabir side hugged me asking how r u ?

I said i am good how are you guys..

they said fine..

Cabir: Manik what happened to you ? Why your shirt is wet? What were you doing 😉

Mukti: I hope we didn't disturb whatever you were doing

I didn't understand what they were talking so i am looking confused then i felt a hand on my waist.

Manik pulled me closer to him by keeping his hands on my waist and said no Mukti don't worry you didn't disturb us and winked 😉

To which Alya n Dhruv laughed where as Cabir said "chi chi Manik.. shameless"

Then i got it what they were talking about and glared at him to which he winked at me. I pinched at his hand he immediately removed it and i said guys chalo lets freshen up we will have breakfast..

Everyone left to respective rooms and i went to kitchen to arrange breakfast. Once i was in kitchen i felt someone presence and said "Manik.. dont take advantage of situation and stick to your limits"

"Nandini"

I turned immediately realising it is Cabir not Manik..

"Bhai.. i... I .. thought it was Manik"

Cabir: so you guys are still fighting?

I stood silently

Cabir: Nandu.. can't you forget about past and work on this relationship?

"I don't want another heartbreak Bhai.. I suffered alot that time.. i cant bear another.. I cannot survive this time.. and to work on this relationship it should be from both sides.. when he dont trust me why would he give chance to this relation.. anyway i am happy like this i dont want to have any emotional connection with him. That only good for me.."

Cabir: you really don't love him anymore?

Before i reply Manik came in looking at both us and raised his brow at Cabir..

Cabir: Nothing just casual talk.. Nandu i will get fresh up and come i am very hungry yar..

Once he left Manik looked at me but I ignored him and got back into my work..

Manik: you were talking to Cabir like old days but why are you not talking to me ?

I was thinking- What is he real.. he know why i am not talking to him.. did something happen to him and he lost his memory or is he acting?

Manik: Answer me Nandini

But I didn't bother to reply and was arranging table. He pulled me and pinned me to wall in jerk i was shocked and said angrily "what's your problem Manik?"

Manik: why are you not talking to me...

"Cabir is my brother and thats the reason i am talking to him... What relation we have Manik.. you were my friend.. friend who never trusted his own friend... now we are only strangers and I don't like to talk with strangers.."

Manik: i am no one to you ?

He said looking in my eyes..

I said "No" and turned my head..

Meanwhile Mukti came in and said "oops.. I didn't see anything"

I pushed him immediately and said "nothing like that Mukti"

Mukti: then like what Nandu..

Ahhh this girl is again in her teasing mode.. i just smiled at her went to kitchen to avoid teasing. Manik left from there silently and went n sat with others..

Breakfast was fun but Manik was eating silently and only replying to whatever they ask. He was glancing at me in between but I ignored him.. after breakfast everyone went to their respective rooms to relax for some time.. since its weekend even i decided to rest. by lunch time we decided to gather again to go out..

I went to Manik's room only to find him doing some work in his laptop. He glanced at me with sad expression and I felt bad after shouting at him but i thought thats only best for me as i dont want him to come closer to my heart again. I behaved as if he didn't exist in that room and slept immediately due to tiredness and sleeplessness.

Nandini is thinking to not to get closer to Manik.. but what she doesn't know is he is already a part of her heart which is just in inactive mode..