Chapter 52

Niall's POV

It's been a few weeks since Diana and I broke up. I've tried calling her, texting her, I even went to her mum's house.

Dylan told me to leave and never come back, and I got pretty angry so I told him to fuck off, but then Veronica came and told me I should go. And I wasn't telling Diana's mum to fuck off anytime soon, so I left quietly.

I've been moping around since, not even tour rehersals made me feel better. The first rehersal we had for WWA, I told the boys what happened. Zayn seemed pretty upset about it, considering how close him, Perrie, and Diana are. But I think it was Luke who was the most angry at me about it. (a/n in the story, 5sos is opening for the one direction for all of WWAT)

Diana is his best friend, he pretty much yelled at me, and I deserved it. I never meant to hurt her, and it hurts me more that I don't see her face anymore, or hear her laugh, or go over movie lines with her. 

Dylan and Caitlynn stopped by multiple times to get her stuff, and Caitlynn only gave me sympathetic glances, while Dylans glances were deadly.

~

I sat on my couch, strumming mindlessly on my guitar. In a week or so it would've been Diana and I's one year anniversary. Also, the day I was going to propose. I still have the ring, I havent brought myself to return it. I still had that tiny bit of hope left. I still love her, and im certain she still loves me.

Im pretty sure the fans and paps have figured out we're not together anymore, considering we haven't been seen together for almost a month.

My phone rang with a number I didn't recongize but I was too tired to care so I picked up.

"Hello?"

"Niall its Caitlynn." Her light voice spoke.

"How'd you get my number?" I asked.

"Luke. Listen, I just invited Dylan over, and I know his mom is working until late today."

"Okay?"  I asked, not getting the point.

"So Diana is home alone I'm pretty sure. Go talk to her, now." She says sternly.

"Not that I'm not grateful, but why are you telling me this?" I say, putting on my shoes.

"Because she's a wreck. It's worse than Danielle, Diana really loves you Niall. And you let her down, so now you need to fix your mess and get her back. I miss seeing you both happy- I think Dylan's here, gotta go." 

"Thank you." I say before hanging up and running outside to my car.

I drive a little too quickly, but make it to her house in one piece.

I knock on her door anxiously, and she soon slowly asnwers it.

"What are you doing here?" She asks. Her hair is toussled, and her face looks exhausted. But she's still very beautiful.

"Please let me talk to you, just give me a few minutes, I'm begging you." I pleaded. She looked down for a few moments before sighing and opening the door wider.

I follow her into the living room, and she sits on the opposite couch.

"Look, I know I fucked up. I fucked up so badly. Im so stupid, I didn't mean for it to happen-"

"But it did. It fucking did." She cut in.

"I know, but there's a reason to why Ellie was at our house- I'm hoping its still our house-" 

"And why is that?" She asked tiredly. 

I took a deep breath, "She sent me texts saying I kissed her back, and I didn't. She wouldn't leave me alone unless I told her face to face that I didn't love her anymore. Now that I think of it, it was so stupid. I should've ignored her, or at least told you about it. But I didn't want to worry you and I'm so sorry for being an idiot. I love you."

She doesn't say anything for awhile, but then she looks at me, "I love you too. But you went behind my back. Do you know how much that messed me up? These past weeks have been shit Niall. I miss you so much."

" I never meant to hurt you. Please take me back." I whisper.

"I-I want to. But.. not just yet Niall." She shakes her head.

"But why?" I almost whine, and she takes a breath.

"I don't know.. Just not now okay? But you should go.. I'm expecting someone and-" She doesn't get to finish her sentence because there's knocks at the door. Diana looks at me worridly then goes to answer it.

The door slowly opens, and I see that guy she had to kiss in her movie.

He smiles at her, and then looks past her shoulder and his smile disappears. He whispers something to her and she says loud enough for me to hear,

"He was just leaving."

I stand up and walk towards them, and only a few sentaces are spoken before my hand connects with his jaw.

Diana's POV 

"He was just leaving." I tell Brett who was glaring over at Niall. I didn't want there to be a problem.

"I think it should be him that leaves." Niall says through gritted teeth. Brett had invited me out for a lunch date today, and I agreed because I felt like I should at least try and move on. Somehow I knew it wouldn't work.

"I don't think so. Im not the one that went behind her fucking back to meet with my ex." Brett shot back. I had told him when he brought up Niall and I couldn't help but cry. So I sorta owed him an explanation.

All of a sudden Niall punches Brett in the face, and Brett doesn't take long to respond and he quickly hits Niall in the gut. For a second I'm in shock. Why are they fighting... especially over me? This isn't right, not at all.

They shove each other around before I pull Niall back away from Brett. "STOP!"

I drag Niall back, and go up to Brett, "I need to talk to Niall. Im so sorry this happened."

Brett nodded understandingly, and silently walked out.

"Niall James Horan, what the hell was that!" 

He looks down for a few moments before balling eyes out.

"Niall stop crying, please." I say softly, sitting next to him. He says something, but I don't catch it.

"What?"

"I was going to propose." He mumbles. Oh shit, he was? SERIOUSLY? Oh my god.

"You were...what?" 

"I was going to get down on my damn knees and ask you to marry me Diana. I figured I'd might as well tell you since it's probably never going to happen now." He cries even harder.

I can't help but cry too. He was going to propose. I'm not allowing the man that I'm in love with to come back into my life, and it's killing me. He made a big mistake, but it's more than obvious he regrets it. 

"Niall.." 

He looks up at me with red eyes, "Y-yeah?"

"Maybe we can take baby steps. I want to trust you again." I say. He wipes his eyes and smiles widely before pulling me closer to him and kissing me.

After a few moments I pull away, smiling.

"Fuck.. You don't know how much I've missed that." He breaths out. I put my forehead against his and grab his hands,

"I've missed it too."

THEY'RE ONLY TAKING BABY STEPS AND NIALL HAS LIKE TWO WEEKS LEFT BEFORE HE GOES ON TOUR SO WHO KNOWS WILL DIANA JOIN HIM, OR NOT!?!?! Well i obviously know but its something to think about. 

(: