Urgent

I walked back into the bull pen and toward where Espo and Ryan were sitting. On the murder board was a black timeline with a few details added, a picture of the murder scene and a few odd notes scrawled on the edge that looked like thing CSU had found around the body. In capital letters were the letters see lainie about this and an arrow was pointing to one of the substances found around the body. As I get closer Ryan sees me and shouts "Hey Beckett" as if to alert Espo I were coming. "Where's castle?" "Parking the car. He should be up any min..." before she could finish there was a loud DING coming from the elevator "never mind" Ryan said looking over toward the elevator to see castle coming out. Beckett quickly moved back onto the case"So what is so urgent that you had to call me in?" I asked hoping I hadn't wasted my time. "Oh right." replied Espo taking his eyes away from castle and placing them on my stomach watching me as I gently rubbed small circles with my thumb without realising. He then looking up at my face and continued pushing whatever thought he had to the back of my mind. " We have identified our Jane Doe as Melissa Downs, 26. She has just left college after studying law for three years. We have called her parents they are flying home from Spain immediately and her fiancé is on his way in. He should be here soon" Espo informed me. "Okay so why was this so urgent that you had to call me in when I was at home? Did you want me to tell him" "No we can do that. That wasn't the urgent bit... this is!" Ryan turned his screen as he said that revealing an email with the words 'I see you have found the first victim. Unfortunately you were too late. Can you find the next victim in time?' Rick had walked over to the coffee machine as Espo was explaining the victim and had just returned and looked at the picture Espo had just pinned on the board. "I knew her face looked familiar!" Rick yelled as he walked over to the murder board sitting two cups on the desk as he walked past. "This is Melissa Downs! Robert Downs daughter!" Espo and ryan eyes looked blank. They didn't have a clue what castle was saying but I did! "The judge Robert Downs?!" I replied putting the boys out of their misery. Castle flapped his arms about before finally pointing at me and saying "Exactly!!" "Castle did you know her personally? What she was like? Who she hung around with?" Espo questioned "yeah. She used to come round quite often on poker nights and when alexis was younger. She was even her babysitter for a couple of years! She was about to become a lawyer the last time I spoke to her. I can't believe she is dead!" A tear escaped his eye but he quickly wiped it away. He hadn't yet looked at Ryans computer screen which was still facing towards where i was sat. Without thinking I stood up, walked over to him and hugged him he hugged me back and nuzzled into my chest. I whisper quietly into his ear "it's okay Rick I'm here ... we are both here!" This made him pull away and smile at me. He started to lean in ready to kiss me but I pulled away as I heard gates shout " Beckett what are you doing here? I thought you were at home resting?!" "I was sir but the boys called me in saying they had some urgent news on the case that I needed to see. I think they can't work without me sir!" I said a smile forming on my lips. "Okay Beckett and I agree with you there. When you have finished with them could I see you in my office please. That's if these two can cope for five minutes without you." Gates said before turning away hiding a smirk and heading back into her office. "Ooooo Beckett's in trouble!" Espo mocked but soon shut up when I stared at him. I looked over to castle after Espo had gotten the message and shut up and whispered. "Help me!" Before walking to him to give him a hug and whisper in his ear "She knows castle. She guessed earlier! I don't wanna be put on desk duty yet!" Deciding I had been there too long i pulled away and started heading to the door. Espo shouted "do you want me to protect you from the big bad wolf?" He stopped as he saw that I had opened the door. She had heard what he said.