Lets go home!

Castle came into the break room five minutes after Tom had left. I had picked up the bag that he had thrown across the room and it was sat open on my knee. He came over to me and started to cuddle me. "What's this?" He asked his eyes never leaving the baby vest that was on my knee. "Melissa was pregnant castle! How could someone kill a Pregnant woman?" I started crying more so he pulled me into a warm embrace. I pounded at his chest at the thought of Melissa and most of all Tom. His fiancée had just been killed and his unborn baby had gone too. His world had just fallen apart in a day. Castle did say anything. He didn't move or pull away even though I was probably hurting him he just whispered into my ear "Come on let's go home". I nodded my head as I said "but first I need to go see lainie!" He didn't reply he just stood up and grabbed my hands pulling me up. He put the baby vest back into the bag and walked me out of the break room and towards the bull pen so I could grab my stuff. I wasn't crying and my eyes weren't that red or puffy so I could hide the fact that I was crying. "I'm going to go see what lainie has then I'm off home. Do you think you too will be okay for the rest of the day me and castle have some..." I paused not knowing how to phrase it so that it doesn't give anything away. "We get it Beckett" Espo joked not seeing the look on my face "we will be fine Beckett you guys go have fun!" Ryan replied a grin coming to his face. My jokey side came back for a few minutes. I wasn't sure whether it was to shift suspicion or because of my hormones but it seemed like a good idea. "Oh it's nothing like that! Or it might not be he has been very naughty recently!" I said with my bedroom voice and a wink aimed at castle. He just replied with "oooooo kinky Beckett." But he quickly got a hand to the back of the head before I ran off towards the toilets. All I could hear was castle grabbing some things of my chair, nearly knocking it over, his footstep closely behind me and him shouting. "Kate? Are you okay?" I flew the door open of the disabled toilet because it was closer and didn't have time to lock it leaving it gently shutting behind me. Castle burst through the door to see me knelt over the toilet bowl my head in my hands and tears in my eyes. I looked up and whispered. "Let's go see lainie and go home!" My eyes filling with tears as I stood up. A pain in my stomach that made me wince slightly but not enough for Rick to notice. Luckily. He flushed the toilet and walked over to me putting his arm around my waist to give me a bit of support whilst walking to the elevator. "Bye boys" I shouted without turning around. I couldn't let them see me like this. My eyes were red and puffy. I had hair strewn everywhere and my makeup had run badly!