Lets's Solve this Case

Kate walked into Gates office with her determined detective stature; bold, straight and in charge. She had accepted what Rick had said but right now she was a detective, she needed to talk to her Captain as Detective Beckett not as Kate. 'Ah Beckett! Nice to have you back. Come in, take a seat.' Beckett did as she was told, smiling at the welcome Gates had given her. 'It's nice to be back Sir, this case needs to be closed as soon as possible, it's gone on too long now!' she explained, hoping to cut this conversation short so she could go and find the last body. 'I couldn't agree with you more. They boys will update you I'm sure but I just wanted to say firstly, Welcome back, hope everyone is treating you okay. And secondly that you don't have to be here, the boys will find the last person and you can go home and rest.' Gates explained, trying not to sound too forceful. 'I respect your offer sir, but I need to close this case, I need to close this case quickly. There is something I wanted to talk to you about though.' Gates couldn't think what Kate could possibly need to talk to her about and began to be even more concerned with her best detective. 'Is everything okay Kate? Everything okay with you and the baby?' she asked, wanting to clear it up quickly, the use of Beckett's first name shocked her. 'Oh everything fine Sir but I me and Castle have agreed that when I go out into the field with this case, I need to go out with one of the boys. Castle wants to know that im going to be safe ad protected. I'm not fussy which, probably alternating them would be best, but I need one of them,' Beckett explained, 'to protect the baby more than me.' Becketts' hand went to rest on her small bump protectively. 'Of course Beckett, I expected nothing less. Just take whichever one isn't busy, that's fine by me.' Kate knew that there wasn't more to discuss at this time, more rules and desk duty could be discussed at a later time, all that mattered now was closing this case. 'Thank you sir. I'd like to discuss other factors regarding me pregnancy once this case is closed for good so, if that's all I'd like to get back to the case.' With that, Beckett left Gates office, walking over to the boys that were stood at her desk, looking at the murder board. 'All set to go boys. I have one condition when I go out in the field, one that e and Castle have agreed on. One of you two have to be with me when I go out into the field, the other will have Castle.' She said, hoping they wouldn't moan or argue with the decision, not that they could, or did.

After a long day, Kate decided that it was time t go home. She had been there since about 9:00, had barely eaten and was beginning to feel really tired. She packed up her bag, told Gates she was leaving even though it was only about half 4, explaining that she needed to go home. Gates didn't object, she knew what it was like to be pregnant and working. Kate said goodbye to the boys, telling them that they should call if they find anything, and to message her later with an update. When Kate got home, Castle ran her a bath. She soaked in there, relaxing all her muscles after having a long day back. She had a good book, bubbles, candles and a glass of orange juice. She could smell the food Castle was cooking for her. The rest of the night was quiet for them. The boys hadn't found anything new and Beckett couldn't do anything until tomorrow when she went to visit Rayson in the prison.

Sorry it's taken so long!! Please stick with it, not many chapters to go then this will be finished. Thank you all so much. I will update as soon as I can!!

EvilRegina xx