Talking to Gates

As i walked towards Captain Gates' door all i could think was O god she knows! I won't be able to hide it from her than she will put me on desk duty! I don't wanna be on desk duty yet! I had only just found out myself and I don't think it has settled in completely yet. I'm in a daze. How could I be pregnant? I know how you get pregnant but me? I didn't expect it but I am happy. In fact I am more than happy I'm excited! A mini us running around would be perfect. I hadn't told anyone but Rick and that's only because he saw the box with the tests in! I pushed all the worries and thought to the back of my mind before I knocked. I lingered for a few seconds to ensure that I was focused. When I decided I was focused enough I knocked before I walked in and found gates sat at her desk looking over some paperwork. "Sir you wanted to see me?" She looked up from her paperwork and took her glasses off, resting them on the paperwork she was just reading. "Yes detective.how are you? And why did you come in couldn't the boys update you over the phone?" "They said it was urgent and that I needed to come in. They must have missed me sir!" I replied regretting what I said."okay well if they don't need you you can have the rest of the day off still. But first have you managed to go to the doctors yet? Or at least book an appointment. I need to know your 100% or that you will be" Gates said her voice and eyes full of concern. She seemed puzzled over the fact that I was avoiding her eye contact. "Erm no I haven't sir. I went home and didn't do much but throw up. I slept for a while until castle woke me up. Then my phone rang" I replied not totally lying. As I said this I looked down at my stomach which was being protected by my hand without me realising I was going to move it but I was comfy and thought Gates would think nothing of it. "Oh okay. Get an appointment soon detective. I don't want my best detective out of work for too long! Or my statistics to go down because the boys can't solve the case but let's not tell them that!" Gates said a smile forming on her lips "Okay sir." She looked down at my hand that was resting over my flat belly. I thought that was it and started to walk towards the door. All of a sudden gates said "Detective I'm not finished. Take a seat a minute!" All I could think of was oh god here we go! I sat on the chair that was behind me taking my hand off my stomach to try and take the suspicion away. "Beckett do you have some..." she was cut off by someone knocking at the door. It was Ryan's knock so I quickly got up and headed towards the door. "Sir I think they need my help. Can I go? They can't seem to do anything without me!" "I think your right detective!" She picked up her glasses and put them on shouting Ryan to come in. "Sir we need Detective Beckett's help" "told you sir. They can't do anything without me!" I said hoping she would dismiss me. "Sure. Kate please go to the doctors tho" She said whilst looking back down before looking back up at me to see if Ryan had gone. She then said the words that sent a chill through my whole body. "And Detective this isn't over!"