Telling the Fiancée

I thought I would never get out of there! Not without her knowing her suspicions were true. I made a not to thank Ryan later. I raced out of there as quick as my legs could carry me but not too fast that it made me look like I wanted to get away. I glanced at castle before I got to desk. He was sat in my chair looking down at his lap and smiling like an idiot! This sight made me smile and it was an unmissable smile. "What you smiling at? It looks like you high school crush just walked into the room" as he said this I snapped out of my thoughts and realised I was still looking at my husband. I slapped Espo playfully as I walked by replying with a short "it's better than that" and leaving them in suspense. As she walked to the murder board to read the new information that was there. "Beckett. Melissa's fiancé is in the break room. He is confused as to why he is here he received a text off Melissa about an hour ago saying everything is okay." Ryan said confusingly. "Okay" I replied looking towards the break room to a man about 6 foot with blonde hair. He was pacing about looking at his phone. Probably at the text he had received from his fiancée. I knew what it was like to be told your loved one was dead. The murder part doesn't help much either. It leaves you wondering why them? Was they target or were they in the wrong place at the wrong time? You start off shocked and sad but it can tun into anger very quickly. I had experienced this with families not too often but it was understandable. Who he was marrying made this a little bit harder. He was going to marry a judges daughter in under a months time! Before I walked into the break room I walked past castle to grab him and to look at what he was doing. He made talking to the victims family easier. Just him being next to me certainly calmed me down. I tapped him on the shoulder which made him leap and lock his phone immediately. He must not have seen me coming. He was up to no good though. No one smiles at their phone and locks it when someone is near by. I made a mental note to drop it for now and bring it up later. "Sorry I startled you castle but I'm going to tell Tom about his fiancée you coming?" I asked trying not to chuckle at the fact that I scared him. He didn't reply just stood up and followed me into the break room.
I walked into the room and asked Tom to sit down. He sat opposite me. He had blonde hair and green eyes. After I told him that his fiancée has been murdered he avoided eye contact with both myself and Rick. He showed me the message he received off of Melissa an hour ago and agreed to letting us track the number to see if we can find her phone hoping to find the murderer with it. We assured him that if we find anything we will inform him and that if he had anything to tell us to call me. I have him my card and got up to leave. "Detective?" He called just before I reached the door. "Thank you" I smiled at him and walked out leaving him in the break room for a while to adjust to the change in his life. About five minutes later I walked back into the break room to get a glass of water because I can't have coffee to see Tom sat there just looking at my card. I went and sat next to him on the sofa and broke him out of his trance. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and asked. "How did you cope? Does it ever get easier?" I was shocked by this. He asked me as if he knew about my mothers murder. "It took a while Tom and it doesn't get easier but you learn to live with it in time" he smiled slightly before bursting into tears. "We were about to start a family. She found out the other day she is pregnant and didn't know I knew. That's what we were going to discuss at dinner tonight!" He reached into his bag that was at his left hand side and pulled out a carrier bag. Inside the carrier bag was a baby vest with the words our little miracle on. This made him cry a little bit more but then it turned into anger. "How could some one do this? She never did anything bad or hung out with the wrong people. Why her?!?" He placed the baby vest back into the bag and threw it toward the bin but missed. "I don't need that anymore! Detective if you know anyone that needs a baby grow feel free to take it. I'm not going to use it" with this he stood up, walked towards the elevator and left. I just sat there. Tears forming in my eyes at the thought of Melissa being pregnant.

Sorry this chapter is boring it will get better. Please keep reading!!! I will try and post everyday like I am doing but I can't always promise. Thank you for reading and please vote or comment.