For the first time

***Serenity's pov***

I can't believe I just did that. I touched someone, I haven't had human contact since I was 8. This is huge, wait should I tell him that? Of course not, the less they know the better! "You're hugging me" Taylor stated. Astonished was an understatement."I needed a hug, I had forgotten how nice they were" I explained. I felt him stiffen his grip around me and heard a sigh "Well you'll never have to forget now" he told me. I let go of him and he smiled at me. "All better?" He asked "yeah I think I'm good." I told him.

We stood up and started making our way back to the living room. I took a deep breath and I felt... Different? I'm not sure how to explain it. It's not a good different but it's also not a bad different, it feels like I've been stuck in one spot for so long and I'm finally moving forwards but I'm not sure I want to be moving forwards. If that made any sense.

"Serenity were so so so sorry about that, it was such a dick move and we would never do that to you please give us another chance" Jack J pleaded while getting on his knees. "I looked up at Taylor and he gave me a small head nod. "You get 2 more chances but if you mess those up, then you're out" I said, they all nodded. "Ok Serenity, what do you want to eat for dinner?" Cam asked me. "I'm not hungry I'd rather just sleep right now" I announced. "Ok but I'm only letting it slide this one time " he smiled. I was walked up the stairs and into my room. I laid in my bed for hours thinking about today. So much has happened in one day.

-first I got interviewed

-then adopted

-I read the note from my parents

-I sang in front of people (accidentally of course)

-I hugged someone

-I eavesdropped (I couldn't ever do that in the orphanage)

-and I've cried more than usual

- for the first time I felt like I belonged somewhere

But one thing I still wonder about was why did Taylor ask me if I knew who he was? Are they famous or something! I hope then I could go on tour and meet people. I stood up and looked around the room in hopes of finding a computer or something. I found a MacBook on the desk in my room, I opened it up and searched Taylor Caniff and instantly hundred of pictures and articles showed up.

I clicked on one and it read 'Taylor Caniff is a part of the Magcon tour along with Carter Reynolds, Nash Grier, Cameron Dallas and more. Magcon stands for meet and greet convention, they boys travel around America meeting fans. All the boys started on a social media app called vine where they make hilarious 6-7 second videos' It continued further and I stayed up for an hour reading about my new family.

Now I get it, I understand why they adopted me, why they asked if I knew them, why there's so many of them and why they got a girl.

They got me for publicity, but they didn't want a creepy fan living with them, they all live together and they got a girl because it means more publicity and 'ship names' I guess. I can't believe it I'm just a pawn in their game. I knew they never really wanted me.

I feel a single tear escape and roll down my cheek. And I thought I actually might've belonged somewhere. I know I'll never belong or fit in here or anywhere for that matter. I wipe the tear away and close the computer and drift off to sleep.

~~~next day~~~

I woke up nice and early about 7 am . I doubt the boys are awake yet. I got up and realized I was still wearing my ugly uniform so I snuck into Taylor's room and got a hoodie and some boxers to wear instead. Once I changed I went downstairs and started cooking them breakfast. I made eggs toast bacon and hash browns. But since I did something nice I'm gonna have to level it out by doing something mean. I started screaming. Not just an annoying white girl squeal more of a horror movie I'm about to get killed scream.