Chapter 32: The Past - The Heavenly Kingdom

After the memorial we had, River sat us down around the campfire. He insisted on letting me know what happened to the Heavenly Kingdom, why we're here and why I am the Gnatus. My purpose began six years after Isabelle Leggett's death on the first of January 2012. And the reason I need to be the hero is because no one else could. I was their last hope.

It began like all other day's River would say as his blue eyes contrasted against his blue hair making his eyes gleam as he looked towards the sky. The stars were out just like every other night. River was in his study among one of the giant watch towers that floated among the sky, and Misty she was sitting underneath the tree that blossomed its usual green with leaves with a pink complexion as Misty was so near to it. Misty was reading a book from Heaven's Library called The Author which told the tales of Fable. One of the many books the library held. The castle's veins were ever so vibrant that night a New Year for the castle made its heart at the tree seem to be excited with joy.

"River had heard threats by the Alliance," was the rumour going around at the time. The Alliance between an Angel and a Demon which was foretold to be even more powerful than the three great ones, Ardere of Fire, Lympha Of Water, and Telluris Of Earth. Ones speculated that the son of Ardere was the Blood Barren Angel Christ, who held the mark of destruction. The idea of Christ being a descendant of a great one created more emphasis on the fact that he alone could take down an entire army. But for a man with this amount of power to create an alliance makes the circumstances deadly. The murderous ideals of two psychopaths, that's what the people called it. These rumours created a panic within the city but it died down by the New Year.

As Misty began to read through the two hundredth and thirty fourth page in The Author. The cherry blossom leaves began to blacken with despair creating a chain of pain throughout the veins of the Kingdom, and soon the glow that illuminated the Kingdom vanished. What happened next was the least expected thing in the world to happen, on the hill where the tree stood a figure of bone clasped its dead hand among the hill killing all the plant life that resided there. The tree began to die and Misty she stood there petrified as a man covered by a strange dark aura was inside the fleshless creature laughing menacingly.

"Time has come." The man shouted, he licked his lips, "I will be the new ruler of the Heavenly Kingdom!" Misty fell back as six guards of the Soldiers Watch ran for the creature.

"Get back Madam Misty." A young soldier known as Devious yelled for her, the same boy that Misty told us about back in London.

"How foolish of you." The man said releasing the bone creature's jaw which exhaled dark dust that covered the area, three soldiers died from inhaling. The young soldier picked up Misty and ran for the Barracks.

"What about the others?" Misty cried trying to struggle out of Devious's arms.

"There is no time, they're dead we need to get someone who can actually take down that thing. Not a few boy scouts."

"I make them tremble with fear with a single swipe, pity" The man laughed, "I guess this would be easier than I hoped to imagine." The bone creature dismantled into a staircase for the man to walk down and revealed his white suit, he had black shoes and a horrendous scar across his neck. His blue eyes sparkled with the love of blood.

River witnessing the soldiers of his kingdom get killed and the Tree of Thought start to die, he realised that his kingdom will soon perish if he didn't act quickly. He jumped out the window on top of the watch tower and submerged himself into a water like form to float across the sky onto the battlefield. Where three Soldier Watch boys laid dead and ten more Heaven Guards met their fate there.