Chapter 42: Travel - The Test

Struggling I did the only logical thing my brain could think of and with a glance I covered my right hand in a purple haze hand pulled myself through the wall. I was out but Portals hand was stuck in-between the wall. I looked to where I was, it looked like a small town, there weren't many houses around and the dim light of night sky only showed that the building I fell out of resembled a small hospital. It wasn't much of kingdom.

My train of thought was once again broken by the breaking of the building, and Portal steadily following out.

"Haven't seen a redirect be performed so well in such a quick period of time." Portal announced looking at his grazed wrist.

"A redirect?" I said puzzled with my arm vibrating ecstatically with a lavender shade.

"It's a dangerous and manipulative techniques which surrounds the user in a gateway, if done incorrectly it could remove several limbs off the user."

"You're saying that I've been doing this for about a week now and I could've fucking died?" I yelled trying to get the portal crap off my arm.

"Still even though you possess a power I have not yet mastered, I still am not convinced you truly are Gnatus." With that Portal charged at me again this time with a sword engulfed with yellow version of my own gateway. It felt as though Portal wasn't moving as fast as he was before, still quick but this time I could see him coming. He swung at me and he looked like he meant to kill me. I stepped back in a fright and his blade went straight through the surface of the ground and straight back up. Why the hell is everything trying to kill me? Portal tried swinging at me again and just in time every time he missed. I decided to pull at my gun as he swung full throttle at me, I slid to the side of him and while I was on my back I took a shot which pierced him through his ribs.

"You move awfully quick. Were you always this fast or did I catch you off guard the first time?" Portal seemed to be not amused by the bullet in his lower ribs and decided to pull it out.

"I thought you were just getting tired?" I laughed half-cocked. I didn't realise but Portal and I stirred up quite an impressive crowd. Xena and a few other children all stood there in amazement I heard a little boy with flaming yellow hair whisper.

"I've never seen a person land a hit on Lord P."

There were more than just children there were people of all ages all either having a Lavender glow or Yellow glow. Either in their eyes or hair. The clothes they wore varied from Traditional Japanese to even to the most modern set of clothes. One guy had a pair of headphones that shined vibrantly with a yellow glow.

"If I was tired, you'll know, this is something different." Portal looked at me intently for a while, "Do you care young Demon With a Path for another round?"

"If you promise if you hit me with that thing in your hand that you'll put me back in that hospital."

"I assure you, you will not die, but there is no holding back."

"Damn it." I sighed as I saw three flaming spikes aimed at my body. Without thinking I removed my Jacket and yelled out Misty. As my jacket laid down on the floor the Projection of a childhood memory filtered a large portion of the area in front of me, just as it had done once before. The memory was me trying chilli for the first time and rubbing it in my eyes like an idiot. This bought me enough time to grab the spirals shooting at me with my bare hands and confuse everyone around me.

"Why, why are these images being shown?" Portal seemed very confused and didn't seem to notice me jumping through the projection with two flaming daggers in my hands (Which by the way burned like a bitch) as I impaled him through the Chest with one of them. Before I could do the other he knocked me off.

"Smart move, I haven't been more confused in my life about anything, how'd you get Mancer Technology within your attire?"

"I have a friend."

"Being vague, is not your friend but can be your greatest ally."

"My friend is a Mancer."

"Mancer's and Demons do not mix, but having one by your side can determine your fate."

"Thank you," I said wiping the dirt off my pants, "Another round?" I laughed as my hands burned from the flaming spikes I no longer held.

"Believe I've made my decision, I have already seen three of the four traits of Gnatus within you, if I forced you to unleash the fourth of Death, I will regret it." Portal announced and turned around, "Follow me."

"Um sure."

We walked towards the hole in the wall Portal made, back inside the hospital building. People stood in awe as I entered with the Demon Lord.

"We have a lot to talk about."