Chapter 57: Time A Chamber of Clubs

It was quite surprising how easy it was to spot time. Although the kingdom was straightforward, a door laid in the middle of nowhere... the most noticeable thing printed on the door is the roman numerals that imprinted it like a plague. This door was obviously the door of time. It made sense, also Jimmy kinda ran head first into the door trying to get in.

"I guess we're here," Misty laughed, which was understandable a baseball running into a door is kinda funny.

"Yeah I guess, but there's something odd," I looked at the door closely, "There's a picture of a club of cards on this door... meaning the Chamber of Clubs is the entire kingdom."

"I seriously have no clue what you're on about I'm just going to open the door." Misty opened it without hesitation, and I was right the entire kingdom was the Chamber of clubs. A Basin lay silent in the middle of the room. But it wasn't a small one like the previous one. The room was as large as an airport. And like an airport there were doors like terminals to different periods in time. All these doors scarred differently in some way. Some a metal door, some a factory garage door and others broken.

Thousands of demons roamed the ground, all scattering around trying to do a specific job. Going into different time periods.

"So you finally came!" an elderly voice harshly coughed out, "Tell me this though, are you the first or the second one?" I didn't know how to respond to this, I mean I have no clue what he meant.

"There's another one?" I looked at him blankly. The old man turned to me and stared at me, then to Misty.

"This is a room with no time," the old man sternly announced, "My demons report every detail of every time period to me, and all the possible outcomes."

"You're Father Time, aren't you?" Misty smiled at him.

"Yes I am, and your young friend here is Gnatus," Father looked confused, "Although I can't remember if you were the first one or the second,"

"Wait there's two of us?" someone else could do my job. "Was it that person who I fought at Death?"

"No," Father sighed, "Unfortunately I have no knowledge on who that fellow is, could've been anyone."

"Father," a young female scribed called out, her voice was sharp and her face seemed delicate, almost transparent, "The first had a distinct feature that was reported to be extremely different from the second,"

"Oh yes that is true,"

"Okay can you just please explain who the first and second are?" I shouted a blistering pitch, the floor's faded blue tiles fit the mood.

"The first and second are two different people, the reason being is somewhat my fault," father took a deep breath, "One thousand or two years ago from your time period, I ventured outside of the time room, to warn the other lords about a being who would destroy our foundation of life. But only a creation of all four of them could stop it. So a year later they created a being who successfully went through all of the Kingdom's without perishing. It was a marvelous feat. But something I wouldn't even predict till it was too late happened. The Gnatus of the four turned against us, killing thousands of innocent people on earth and in the underworld. There is no time in this room, so I can't recall which one you are except by your features. And you obviously seem confused and concerned, also you're male. You're the second."

"Obviously, I have a phone in my pocket," I laughed, "So why would they try again?"

"Because the first, was the being I predicted to try to destroy the very foundation of life among worlds. They created the monster they wanted to stop, it was a paradox. And I should've waited until my messengers came back with all of the information... But some of them were found dead..."

"Couldn't you just manipulate time? Go back and stop her from happening?" I asked.

"That actually makes sense," Misty added, that sounded harsh.

"I can't one more time shift and I will perish, and I need to save it if we absolutely need it. If something devastating happens and it's too late to stop it, but at the moment we have a way to stop the chain links before they pull the worlds together. So step towards the Basin of Time so you can do what you were made for." Being treated like a tool isn't a way to get on someone's good side.

"Before we get this show on the road, tell me." I was curious, "The first, it's Lucy right?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so."

Misty seemed to squirm, it must've been the idea of her own killer. She would be scared to death when they see each other once more. Without anymore hesitation I walked towards the basin sat distortedly in the middle of the large airport sized room. It was surrounded by roman numerals. And when the overhead clock ticked, the basin started to come to life, and so did I. I felt drawn to the inside of it, I felt as if I should shove my entire arm in the thing. Which fit pretty well especially when I nearly fell in. It wasn't entirely my fault something latched onto my arm pulling me in. And I did try to pull it out I truly did. But the fucker had a tight grip, I felt as if my arm was going to fall off, but the strangest thing happened. the thing that latched on was somehow at my tail bone.

"Holy crap I have a tail," I yelled, as I looked at the greyish snake like tail was attached to my tail bone. I felt like some kind of animal. If Mellissa was here she would probably say something like God damn furries. Or something along those lines

"Why does Jamie have a tail?" Misty asked confused. Unlike other Basin's there wasn't much beauty within the Basin, but I was promised something.

"There is beauty within that tail, you'll find that out when you leave this room."

An initial guess will be that something awesome will happen.