Chapter 35: The Ninth Day - The Book

"So you're really going to do it?" Otaku asked as I tied down my shoe, I looked over at River whose screams still filtered the air from yesterday morning.

"Yeah, if there's a chance I'm willing to do anything." I laughed rubbing the back of my head.

"Don't forget Jamie, you might get lost and that's something you don't want to happen." Mellissa still seemed glum for the other night. I looked over at River once more, the chains that bind him made the earth around his body heavy, something was happening and it's only a matter of time.

"Remember what River said okay?" Otaku said fixing up my collar, "Make sure you ask him politely. Still got that book?"

"Yeah. I wonder how it works actually." I half laughed.

After Lucy left, Lavender ran off saying she was preparing for the chain link. She needed to get as many people as possible out of the Link Zones. River although in agony told me a way to get everyone back, it was a long shot but it was still a chance I wanted. If I go to Grim the Demon Lord of Death, he may be generous enough to give them a second chance. But the chance are low. River however gave me second option, a book with the ability to write down the events of the past week to show to the world how I was and what I fought for. This book can travel through the reset making it possible for my life to reach the ones that wouldn't remember me. It would give me a chance to tell my family I love them, tell my friends I love them. Tell Misty I love her...

This book only needs me to think, and write and I could get it done in two days.

"Bring me back souvenir," Mellissa smiled, and shook my hand, "Maybe a flower of Garth?" it was one of first times Mellissa didn't follow up with a dirty joke. She was seriously worried.

"Okay if I find one, I will." I pulled our handshake into a hug, it was my first hug with her and, I knew it might be our last.

"Remember, Jamie... Don't forget what will happen." Otaku smiled, "You're saving us either way."

"Yeah I will." I smiled back giving her a thumbs up. She hugged me around the waist.

"Don't get yourself killed you big dummy."

"I'll try."

I looked up at the chains,

"How long do you think?" I wondered.

"About five days," Otaku suggested.

"No idea." Mellissa muttered.

"I'm going now..." I whispered, and I started walking to the hill in the north. It was a thirty minute walk, the grass there was beautifully green. The white flowers field the hills with their brilliant petals. I looked as I got over the hill, it cut off into a steep cliff. And at the bottom was rock.

I've got two nights till the portal opens, River mentioned it may not be visible but to jump inside anyway. I had to trust my gut and do it. I decided to look at all my wounds I've gotten so far. I hole in my right hand which would never heal, I scar on my ankle which will never fade, a fracture in my shoulder which may leave me with some deformities and a hole in my heart which will always ache.