Chapter Eight: Lotte World [Part 2]

The boys and I arrived at the arcade. There was flashing lights and popular music playing. The boys were very competitive, unlike me, and challenged each other to games immediately, disappearing one by one.

"Shownu, play me on street fighter!" Changkyun said, dragging Shownu by his short-sleeved shirt away.

"Dance Dance Revolution!" Minhyuk yelled, running off once he spotted the game, Kihyun in tow.

"Let's play basketball." Jooheon suggested to Hyungwon, throwing an arm around his shoulder and dragging him to the game.

The boys all dispersed and I stood on my own, wondering what game to play, or even if I would play any games at all. I still couldn't fathom the situation I was in. Yesterday I was being kidnapped by these guys, now I was here at Lotte World with them like friends. I tried to enjoy the moment like an average young adult would.

I wasn't much of a video game player, but I always enjoyed the atmosphere that came with arcades.

'What should I do?' I wondered.

I felt an arm be slung around my shoulder and looked up at Wonho.

"What shall we play?" He smiled at me. He must have noticed I was hopeless on my own and wanted to help me find a game to play.

I was stunned by his smile and was speechless for a moment before saying, "Whatever you want."

He chuckled, "You're so easygoing." Then he walked over to the racing games. I was the worst at these games. "Shall we?"

I nodded, sitting down at one of the machines. Wonho sat next to me, stuffing coins into the slots so they would start up. The race started and I spaced out almost immediately because I was so bad at it. I looked over at Wonho steering his imaginary car. His muscles seemed to flex with every movement he made.

"You're in last place!" He chuckled, glancing over and catching me staring. I turned back to the screen and over-corrected, steering myself directly into a fake building and crashing.

I laughed, embarrassed, "I'm really bad at these games."

Wonho ended up winning first place. 

"What should we do next?" He asked, putting his arm around me again and leading me to the other games. Wonho was treating me like a girlfriend, which made me blush.

We passed by Hyungwon and Jooheon who were both passionately shooting basketballs into the hoops. The game seemed to be close, Kihyun and Minhyuk were cheering them both on. Hyungwon did a double-take when he noticed me and Wonho walking by. He stopped taking shots. Jooheon won the game.

"Yes! I won!" Jooheon cheered, high-fiving Minhyuk.

"My turn!" Kihyun said, pushing Hyungwon's dazed self out of the way.

I laughed, turning my attention back to wherever Wonho was taking me.

"Pac Man?" Wonho suggested, stopping in front of the game.

"Okay, I can do this." I laughed. I had played this game before, so I was happy. The game started and Hyungwon stopped to watch us, arms crossed. Wonho glanced over at him between joystick movements. The game was close, so I thought I might just win.

"You want in on the next game?" Wonho asked, unsure of what Hyungwon was doing here.

"I don't care." Hyungwon frowned, "Arcades are childish."

"Well, duh." Wonho retorted, winning the first round.

There were two more rounds, I won the next two games.