Chapter Forty Four: Hello Again

One Month Later

I fell back into my regular life pretty quickly. Things changed a lot due to our time travel. But it kept things interesting for me. Jimin and I spent a lot of time together now that we were dating. The way things turned out was pleasing for me.

I imagined Jimin would be a good boyfriend, and as it turns out, he really is.

But I don't trust any second of my happiness. Because I know it could all stop with a single click of the timepiece. Once Hyungwon obliterates the timepiece, this is all over for me. And I'll be reset like I video game.

I hadn't heard from any of the other guys. Shownu, Wonho and the rest hadn't contacted me. And I didn't contacted them either.

Being with Jimin was easy, because I knew it wouldn't last. But it would hurt too much to contact the boys. I didn't want to get my hopes up about friendships that might disappear at any second.

Still, I wondered what they were up to.

Jimin was gone today, and I had to work as both the waitress and coffee maker. But I was willing to do it for Jimin.

I was happy for him and everything that he was accomplishing. But I just couldn't seem to be happy.

This was always what I wanted, wasn't it?

I was dating an extremely attractive guy, and moving along in my life. I planned on going to college to major in psychology, I wanted to be a therapist.

Though things were falling into place, something still didn't seem right.

But my heart rarely skipped a beat anymore. Perhaps I was just caught up in this rat race we call life.

I spaced out all day, moving like a robot while filling orders and making coffees.

'I wonder how all of them are doing?'

"Areum, table two requested you." The new worker said. She was a highschooler, and was hired part time after Hyuna was let go. 

'I wonder if Jooheon and Changkyun will ever collaborate?'

I nodded, walking over to service the table.

'How is Hyunki getting along? Is he living well with Kihyun?'

I pulled out my notepad, staring at is blankly as I asked, "Hello, what can I get for you today?"

'Is Shownu still going up the food chain in the dance world?'

"One Americano." The head of the table spoke up.

'Is Wonho still engaged to Jisoo?'

I nodded, walking off to make the orders.

'Are Minhyuk and his mom getting along well?'

I went to make the coffees, the espresso machine roaring to life. I made the americano quickly, I had gotten to be quite the expert at using the espresso machine, balancing the small cup on a saucer dish.

'I wonder how Jimin's audition is going...' I looked at the clock, he was probably just arriving at Big Hit now. I hoped he would do well. He deserved to pass, and he certainly had the talents.

I walked back to the table, setting down the drink slowly.

"Enjoy." I muttered before hurrying off to another table.

"Hold on, Miss."

I returned to the table, finally looking at the person. He was tall and skinny, wearing a wide brimmed hat that hid his face.

"Is the coffee to your liking?" I asked, worried I had messed up the order. But an americano was pretty simple.

"You really haven't noticed me yet?" He asked.

I looked down at him, unsure of what this customer met.

"Wha..." I started to say, he slowly looked up and revealed a familiar face. I made contact with those cold eyes and recognize those familiar lips, my eyes widening slowly.

"Hyungwon?"

. . .

End Book One