Chapter Eight: Decisions, Decisions

I stood in front of the apartment, staring at the number on the door.

'This is the right choice.' I told myself.

I lifted my hand and knocked on the door, taking a deep breath. Soon enough, the door opened and the same trainee from that night stood before me. This felt like major dejavu.

"Oh, you're back," He said, brows knitted, "What brings you here?"

"I need to speak to Jimin," I replied confidently, sticking my chin out.

"Uh... are you sure?" He asked, "I mean, you saw him with that ten-out-of-ten, right? Aren't you supposed to be his real girlfriend or something?"

I nodded.

The trainee seemed shocked for a moment before shrugging, "Alright, come in."

He led me into the apartment where all of my troubles began.

"You know where he is," the trainee said, pointing lazily towards Jimin's room.

I saw some other trainees moseying around who looked surprised to see me here. 

"By the way, what's your name?" I asked, turning to the trainee.

He was obviously surprised by my upbeat attitude.

"Uh... Taehyung," he replied.

"Well, it's nice seeing you again," I smiled before going off to Jimin's room.

"What's up with her?" Taehyung muttered before returning to his business.

I knocked on Jimin's door, my heart racing for a moment. The confidence that I walked into this apartment with subsided for a second. Then Jimin opened the door and the smile returned to my face. He looked down at me in shock, surprised I was finally speaking to him again. Jimin was a mess, he clearly hadn't slept for days.

"Areum!" He exclaimed, grabbing a hold of my arm, pulling me into a hug. I allowed myself to hug him back, wrapping my arms around him.

This was the warmth I always dreamed of, this is the man I always dreamed of. And it felts like he had lost some weight, like his agency told him to. A lot of thoughts passed through my mind in this moment.

But the moment was fleeting.

I pulled away.

"Listen, Jimin..." I said, brushing my hair behind my ear. "A good friend of mine told me that I need to make an important decision right now. And I've finally decided to forgive you."

Jimin's eyes lit up, "Oh, thank god," he sighed, hand over his heart, "I know I messed up. I've been trying to apologize this whole time. Trust me, I can change."

"I hope you do," I replied. "For the future, that's going to be the best for you."

"Right, our future-" Jimin started to say.

But I stopped him, "Jimin...." I replied slowly, unsure of how to formulate my words, "There isn't going to be a future for us."

Jimin fell silent, his tired eyes widening, "What do you mean?"

"I mean that I want you to change for the better. But not for me, for you," I clarified, poking him in the chest, "You can't do this to girls! It's terrible."

"I know, but-" he started to say.

"There is no 'but,'" I chuckled, shaking my head, "You need to do better."