Chapter 22: Don't flip out over flap-jacks!

A/n: Yes it took me a while to write this, yes I know you all probably hate my guts, yes I'm really tired and haven't slept for 3 days....why you ask? Well, being a stressed out blob with insomnia is one reason. The others are just me wanting to enjoy my lazy summer and me actually having social gatherings. Surprising that I have friends, I know. I also wrote this wanting pancakes, that my ass was to lazy to make. Hehe, anyway I hope you enjoy the chapter.

DISCLAIMER: HERE WHERE I LIVE FLAPJACKS ARE A SLANG TERM FOR PANCAKE! I DON'T VIEW THEM AS DIFFERENT BECAUSE OF MY DESIGNATED PLACE OF GROWING UP! APOLOGIES TO THOSE WHO GOT CONFUSED!

Rhys' POV:

Yesterday was one heck of a thing.
But at least the situation was figured out.
I no longer had the impending worry on my shoulders.
But that doesn't mean the rest of it is over.
If the fans ever find out, they'll probably call me a slut or some man-hoe....
But I don't think that news will ever go outside the dorms, only partially due to shippings.
I've read and saw some things on Namjoon and Jin being together.
I can't deny, it was hella cute.
And frankly, I was watching a analysis video on them right now....at 6 am....ooofff.
I watched my laptop screen carefully, making sure to have headphones on because I don't trust the ARMY's idea of shipping.
The analysis was actually very in depth, so much that I could probably take notes about it.
The video was mainly based around their moments during interviews and their tension during Run! episodes.
I even saw the punishment for when Jin had to kiss Rapmon on the cheek.
I blushed a tad at the sight.....somewhat hoping they would actually like each other in real life.
Then I'd actually have a mom and Dad...but that'd be weird, loving my "parents" in that way. Hmph...I don't know.
But I love them both, I know that for one.
A knock came at my door.
I fumbled to unplug my earbuds and turn off my laptop.
Already being dressed for the day, since I wake up rather earlier, I called. "Come in!"
The piece of wood on hinges revealed Seokjin.
A small grin played his lips as he told me "I'm trying a new thing for breakfast, and I wanted to know if you'd like to help."
I nodded and stood up to follow him to the kitchen.
Jin always made delicious food.
Like seriously....oh my god.
As of late he was trying to figure out how to make American breakfast.
The others and he seemed very confused as to why there were such sweet things for breakfast. They understood the simple "bacon, eggs, and toast" but when it came to pancakes...all hell broke lose.
I was already accustomed to American breakfast. Tsu always made that in the morning.
For clarification, Tsu is half American, half Korean. And that's why she knew how to cook those things.
However, in the midst of the Bangtan dorm...they didn't know shit.
"Aren't they supposed to be fluffy? And for dessert?" V asked.
I sighed and shook my head, for once I think I had to cook breakfast.
"Jin-hyung, I'll take over cooking for today. Tsu-noona taught me how to make majority of this."
Jin complied still confused on the freaking pancakes.
He hadn't even made the batter yet.
Thankfully though, he had the box mix.
I open the box mix and emptied out its contents into the bowl.
The directions were simple. "Add one egg and 1 1/2 cups of water." So I did just that.
"Rhys, aren't pancakes supposed to be for dessert?" V questioned again, the others nodding in agreement with him.
I'm surprised they haven't experienced this yet, seeing as though they've been to the US a lot on tours. (A/n: they probably have eaten American pancakes, but for the sake of the storyline...forgetta 'bout it.)
"Not in America, or most other countries for that matter." I answered while whisking the mix. "Their pancakes are more dense and have less sugar to them, so it wouldn't be considered a sweet over there."
After answering his question, I proceeded to heat the pan, which was already pre-greased with coconut oil.
I like using coconut oil more than butter for cooking pancakes, it gives a subtle hit of flavor and is somewhat healthy for you.
Once the pan was heated up I pour some batter into it and waited for it to bubble.
The sound of the small sizzles was satisfying, and I smiled when the smell arrived at my nose.
The others stared at me in anticipation, well most of them...Yoongi was half-asleep practically chugging coffee. He needed to rest more.
Jimin gasped with a grin. "Ah! It smells good."
I laughed at his childishness, flipping the pancake over.
The other side hadn't burnt, but was brown enough for me to tell it wasn't raw on the inside.
Once that one was finished I placed in on a plate and began to make another followed by more.
I swear it almost took 30 minutes to finish all those pancakes.
Three for each member was 21 pancakes, plus me was 22.
Yes I only ate one.
Fight me.
But that was over.
Everyone had flapjacks in front of them, to which I commented.
"If you want syrup go for it, but I know we have some fruit and powdered sugar too if you want that."
The author of the story, Dai, often ate pancakes dressed with some whip cream and raspberries....how kid-like.
(A/n: Let me eat my pancakes how I want to eat 'em. I can be a child if I want too...)
I snickered at Dai's whining, whilst cleaning up the kitchen and washing dishes.
"Why are you laughing Rhys? Something funny going on?" Hoseok commented, mouth full.
"It's nothing." I responded.
He seemed convinced, thank lord I'm quirky.
"Maybe I should have you cook breakfast more often Rhys." Jin spoke, finishing his pancakes.
I gave a unsure look. "Uh....Unless you want me to set fire to the kitchen, hyung."
The maknae line, not including me, glanced at each other with a nod soon screeching. "불타오르네! (rom: bultaoleune, or burning (up))
Jin giggles while the rest groaned at what could've been a dad joke.
Namjoon shook his head at the group.
I rolled my eyes playfully.
I knew about all there old songs.
I was required to watch all of them before auditioning...some were interesting, but most showed how much these members have grown up.
No more fringes! Haha.
Still though, I love these guys.
No matter how weird they were, or goofy.
Or the fact they flipped out over flapjacks!
They're my boys.

A/n: to clarify for those who didn't understand "aren't pancakes supposed to be really fluffy and for dessert?" In Japan and all throughout Asia, pancakes are literally mini cakes. Usually served as dessert or something close to it, never for breakfast. Here's a photo:

See? Literally mini cakes

See? Literally mini cakes. So compared to other pancakes, they're extremely sweet and really fluffy. That was the concept for this chapter. But I recommend trying those sweet hot cakes, they're freakin delicious. Apologies for any spelling and grammatical errors. And as always, I hope you stay tuned for the chapters to come!