No More Running

Emily's POV

It's been exactly two years since Alison has gone missing. I kind of got used to the feeling of not having her around anymore. Although she still crosses my mind once in a while.

It was a normal school day, A was still out there, but we were close to finding out who it was. The girls and I were at Spencer's. We were trying to have a day without A, but suddenly our phones went off all together. It was a text from A. Are you serious? Just when we try to have it out of mind? We all looked at each other.

"Bitch can't you see? But I do. Tonight's the night i kill you."

"What? No. That doesn't make sense!" Hanna looked irritated. I tried to calm her down. "See what?" Aria said. They all looked confused, trying to figure out what it meant. I knew exactly what it meant. I just didn't feel like saying it out loud. Spencer got up and said "it's probably just one of its A games."

That night, I got a call from an unknown number. At first I ignored it, but it kept calling me. So I answered it. "Hello?" I said.

"Emily."

My eyes widened, and my heart stopped for a moment.

"Alison?"

"Emily I need you're help." She said in a low and weak voice. "How did you-" she stopped me before I could finish my sentence. "Listen I'll explain everything later, I just need you right now. Meet me at the old werehouse in Philly where we used to go."

I said okay. "But you can't tell anyone. Please. It's not safe." Then she hung up.

I can't tell anyone? What about the girls? Does she not trust them? We risked everything for her. I felt guilty keeping this from them, so I texted them about it. But I said to not go with me. They said they wouldn't. I believed them. I grabbed my jacket and headed out to my car. When I got to the werehouse, it was dark, and scary. But it didn't matter if I was scared because Ali needs me, and I have to toughen up. I opened the rusty old door. "Ali?" my voice echoed. I looked around, and when I turned, I saw Alison.

"Em." She said softly.

Her eyes looked so worried. I missed her so much, I couldn't resist, so I hugged her for several seconds then let go. "It's really you." I said. "I missed you so much. You have no idea how much I regret hurting you." She was about to cry when she said that. I felt joy and sadness at the same time. I felt bad for her. I wonder where she's been hiding all this time. Suddenly we heard a door open. Alison's face turned bright red. "Did you tell anyone? You told!" I could tell she was disappointed. "Ali I'm sorry." She ran to the back and just before she could go in the elevator, Hanna grabbed her arm. "Ali, stop. No more running."

Alison started crying. "It's okay, we're here. Don't worry. We won't anyone hurt you."

After a few minutes, we rushed to my car and drove to my house. Luckily mom was in Texas with dad so I got the house to myself. Hanna texted Spencer and Aria to come to my house ASAP.

The doorbell rang.

"Who was that?" Ali had that look on her face again. Like someone was about to break in. "Hanna, stay with her, I'll go check."

I opened the front door. It was Paige.

"Hi, beautiful. Ready for our date tonight?" Oh crap. I totally forgot. I looked back to check to time. She could tell I forgot. "Um, you know. I've been studying all night, and it's kind of late, can we reschedule?" Paige looked so sad. She was wearing a dress and she looked stunning, but bigger things are happening right now. "Em. Are you okay?" She asked raising one of her eyebrows. "Yes, um I'm fine. I just really need to um rest. Soo um I'll call you?" I was stuttering too much. "Okay." She gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek, walked to her car and drove away. Right then Aria and Spencer arrived. I smiled and let them in. They saw Ali. They gave her a big hug. We all say down on my bed. "You have to tell us everything." Spencer said.