Someone to hold onto

Alison's POV

"Hey Em, I wanna leave." I told Emily.

"What? Like move out?" Her eyes widened.

"No.. Like vacation." I reply.

"By yourself?" She asked.

"With you, and only you." I said looking directly at her brown eyes.

"Well, where do you want to go?" Emily raised her head only to catch me staring at her.

I stopped for a moment and said, "Sweet Paris."

She bursts out laughing. "What's so funny?" I asked a little bit irritated.

"One problem. We don't have enough dimes to go all the way to Europe."

"Well, I'll save up." I said with a smile.

"If you still wanna go somewhere now, we have a cabin house, in Texas, my dad's a navy seal general, and they get two plane tickets every year to go anywhere in the U.S. Actually, it doesn't even have to be Texas. Anywhere baby."

My eyes grew right after she said that. "Baby?" I said jokingly.

"You know, like as a fr-friend baby.." HaHa. She was so nervous I could just tell by the look on her face. She was so blushing, it was too hard to look away because of how cute she was. After the awkward moment, she quickly looked away, and tucked her head in her thighs.

I put my hand on the back of her head, and slowly stroked it, "Em, there's nothing to be embarrassed about." I said softly.

She slowly lifted her head up to look at me, her cheeks were so red, like it was on fire. "I'm sorry, I ju- I just-" She confessed.

"There's nothing to be sorry about." I said, with my hand on her back.

"Ali, are we da-dating?" She asked stuttering.

I raised both of my eyebrows and said, "Do you want us to?" I continued.

"Well, it's not really my choice, because it's your feelings, too. And I just, don't want to commit to you, and then get rejected again." Emily's eyes started to wander around the room, and her eyes started to get watery.

"Hey, don't cry. I was just making sure, that you feel the same way about me." I put my hand on her face as she turns to look at me once again.

"I do, Alison, I do." Emily whispered.

I pulled her closer, and we hugged. We hugged for a long time. I pulled away, and Emily smiled at me, like her 'Emily' smile. I've never seen her smile like that since I came back. The one time I seen her smile like that was in the library, when we.. first kissed.

After a few seconds of just looking at each other, I broke the silence. I started tearing up, letting each drop of tear fall down my cheek.

Emily's eyebrows crossed and her smile was fading. "Hey, what's wrong? Is it something I said?" She looked worried.

"No, no. It's nothing YOU did." I paused in between words.

"Then, what's going on?" Emily asked.

"I wanna be with you, Em. I really do. It's just that, A is still out there, and I can't risk the thought that he might do something to you because he probably knows how important you are to me, and he'll do everything to ruin my life, so he attacks the people I care about the most. I mean you know what he did to my parents, right? Em, I won't be able to live, if he hurts you. I just can't lose you like that. You're too important to me." I started sobbing, and Emily pulled me closer to her, I laid my head on her lap.

"Alison, no matter what A does, it's not gonna be enough to separate us. I'm not going to let him get to you, and I will protect you with all my strength. Don't worry about me. I'll be okay as long as I'm with you."

Em was so sweet, that's what I loved about her.

I admit, I am just a victim of myself. A victim of my pride, my ego, and my habits. It dies hard, but they will die. Just as long as I was given a chance, something to hold onto.

Someone to hold onto.

Someone kinder than myself.

Someone forgiving. someone trusting, someone loving.

And who's that?

Emily.