In my mind

Emily's POV

A few weeks have passed since the day Mrs. Dilaurentis passed, and Alison is still drowning in pain, but is trying to let it go. She asked me if I wanted to go watch a movie with her, but I didn't think it was a good idea since A was still out there. But I agreed anyway, because I know how much losing her mom hurt, so she needed something to take her mind out of it.

"You ready?" I said as I pulled in her driveway.

"Yeah, haha just let me get my purse."

She got out and hopped into my car. "So what are we watching today?" I said as I drove to the theaters. "I was thinking the fault in our stars?"

I gave her a confused look. "What!?" Alison laughed.

"Alison Dilaurentis wants to watch a romantic movie? What did A do to you?" I joked. "Shut up. Haha. Just drive." Ali wants to watch a movie that is about love? Now you don't see that often.

We parked the car to the nearest parking space from the entrance. We got our tickets, and popcorn so we went in. It was a little crowded inside, considering that this is the number one movie of the year. We sat at the back, the farthest seat from the screen. We were the only ones sitting in the back, everyone else were in the front.

"Emily?"

Are you kidding me? I know that voice.

"Hey, Paige." I said looking over to my right, where Paige was standing. "You're watching this, too?" She asked. "Yes. Ali really wanted to watch this movie." I said glancing at Ali. Alison smiled at me, giving me chills.

"Oh so, Alison wanted it.. As if she was controlling you to go here with her? Yeah, wow." Paige looked pissed. "Paige, I didn't ask for you to come here and bother us, okay? she apologized to you, and now you don't have anything to do with her. And I wanted to watch it with her, so either just sit somewhere else, or leave. You don't know what's been happening with her life, okay? So you should just mind your own business and get out or else I will--"

Alison grabbed my arm, and stopped me from saying what I was about to say. "Sorry, Paige. She's just a little cranky today, she's on her period." Ali said as Paige left to go sit somewhere in the front. Alison turned and gave me the 'what the hell is wrong with you' look.

"I'm sorry, okay? I just really hate when people go up in my business, and just it really pisses me off, so."

Alison laughed as if I was telling a stupid joke. "Emily, it's fine." She laughed even harder. I don't know what was so funny. "Oh, the movie's starting!" I could tell she was excited.

After the movie ended, we got up and headed to my car. "I had a great time, thanks Em."

She gave me a hug, I didn't want to let her go. I just wanted to hug her forever, but I knew it was going to end somehow, so I loosened the hug and tried to let go, but Alison pulled me back into her arms. "Okay, but not just yet." She whispered. I held her tight, "are you alright?" I asked softly. She didn't say anything, she just tightly hugged me and after a few seconds she let go and looked at me. "

Yeah, I'm okay. I just, I just..., I'm just very thankful that I have you in my life. You never left my side, even this whole time when I was gone, and everything I've put you through, you still cared about me.."

"Alison.." Before I could ay anything else, she kissed me. I pulled away, and tried to read her mind, but somehow I couldn't see what she was thinking. I didn't want to get close to her again, because I don't want to bring back the same feelings I had for her before she was gone. Alison wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer and kissed me again, but this time, passionately.

After that, we just in the car, and drove to her house. We didn't say a word to each other the whole trip. When we got to her house I looked at her signaling that she should go inside.

I got out of the car and walked her to the door. "Thanks again, for the night." She gave me a half smile, and walked in. As soon as she was turning around to go in, I grabbed her arm. She looked back at me. I panicked! I didn't know what to say to her, i was about to say the three words in my mind that expresses my real feelings for her, and just kiss her one last time, but I just thought that it wasn't such a good idea, so i just lied and said..,

"Call me when you need anything, okay? Be safe." And then I turned around and left. I wanted to look back, and see her face one more time, but I just couldn't.

For the past few days, I've tried not to think about her. I avoided her texts and calls, and just focused on my school work. I couldn't handle falling for her again, and then just lose her again. It's too painful.