Dad, Stop

Emily's POV

"WELCOME HOME!!" Everyone shouted as they see my father walk inside our house.

Today's the day that my dad comes home. Today's the day that I get to see him again.

We prepared a welcome home party for dad and we invited all of his friends from Rosewood.

As people greet him as he walks in, Alison and I get the roasted chicken from the oven. We set in on the dining table.

"Where's your mom?" My dad asks me. As I was about to answer his question, a voice coming from the kitchen interrupted me.

"Wayne!" My mother's voice sound so happy.

She was in a wheelchair though, but her fractured knee and broken leg is healing quite fast. So there's that.

The party went on for hours. Until it was time to say goodnight to everybody.

--------------------------------

"Goodnight girls. Thanks for coming." Pam gives them a smile.

"Welcome home Mr. Fields!" Spencer said. "Thank you Spencer, say hi your dad for me." My dad replied.

My dad closes the front door. Today was very tiring, but fun.

"I hear prom's just around the corner Ems." My dad speaks. "How bout that girl Maya? Where is she? She taking you?"

Alison and I exchange looks, so did Mom and I.

"Emily and A-" Mom starts, but I interrupt her.

"I'm dating someone else." I say.

I reach for Alison's hand underneath the table top. She gladly accept my request to be able to hold her hand.

My dad's eyes shoot out from his sockets. "Really who? Wait let's start from basics. Boy or girl?"

I pause. Took a deep breath. And said it.

"Its Alison."

"What about Alison honey?" Dad asks.

"She's my girlfriend dad." I confess.

Dad's face turned from yellow to red.

"Emmie, you know what I said before. Alison is a toxic mess. She doesn't deserve you. I said she could be your friend but not more than that. She's not even gay. She's probably just using you to get her way to something."

I stood up from the couch and faced my father.

"Dad, stop. I love her." I say fiercely.

"You don't know what you're saying. She's got you brainwashed. Look at you! Where's the little girl I used to carry on my shoulders?"

"Well I'm not a little girl anymore. So I make decision on my own!"

"Emily I want the best for you! And she isn't the best!" My dad yells.

"Wayne! Stop it. Emily's graduating soon. You need to let her make her own choices. Alison's been nothing but a sweetheart. It's okay." My mom cuts in.

Alison stands up next to me and holds my hand once again as my dad's eyes travel from my eyes to our intertwined hands.

"I know I've not been treating everyone right before, but when my mom and my brother left me, I realized how much I needed Emily and the girls with me. They were here with me from the start and all I've done was let them down. That changed my perspective to everything. I love you're daughter Mr. Fields, and nothing will change my feelings for Emily."

My eyes started to get watery because of Alison's speech. It's beautiful.

"It's time for you to leave Alison." My dad forced her to the door.

"No! Dad, you can't. Stop!" I screamed.

The door closed. "Emmie go to your room! We'll talk about this in the morning." My dad lectures me.

I got so irritated that I punch the wall. And then I ran upstairs to my bedroom, I can hear my mother arguing with dad.

If he can't accept my decision with Ali, I'm going to have to do something that requires a lot of bravery and forgiveness.

He just wait.