Brew with Paige

Emily's POV

I went to the brew to meet up with Paige, she said she was sorry, and I was stupid enough to believe her. But I didn't want to worry anymore, because I'm tired. Tired of all the crap that's been happening lately. Why can't the world just agree with me. Why can't A just be gone. Why can't I have a normal life!

I sat down on a table near the entrance, after a few minutes of sitting down just drinking coffee, Paige walked in the room, and dat down on a seat in front of me. I stared at her without saying a word.

"Look Em, I'm sorry okay?" She said.

"Yeah. I've heard that before." I looked away.

"I-I was." Paige sighed loudly.

I glared back at her, waiting for her to say the rest.

"I-I was just jealous..Listen, I really..I really liked you, okay. And when Alison came back, I don't know what got in your mind, and just out of nowhere, you decide to break up with me. And it hurt, Emily. It her like hell." She looked down, and started to tear up.

I couldn't blame her. I was a bitch. I broke her heart for no reason. Now I know, that what I did was completely wrong. I shouldn't have broken up with her like that. I guess Alison being back was just too much for me. And somehow, somewhat, my feelings for Ali started to come back.

But I didn't want to hurt Paige, I swear, it wasn't intentional. I loved Paige, I did. I just didn't know what came over me to hurt her.

"Paige.." I reached out, and held her hand. The minute my hand touches hers, I felt tingly. I quickly pulled my hand away.

"Emily, it's fine. I know Alison was you're first love, and first love will always be in your heart. I get it, it's okay. And now I'm here, apologizing, for the way i acted with you and Alison. I know I had no right to do that." She seemed truthful.

"Paige, it's not your fault. Actually, it should be me who should apologize to you. I should have said those things to you. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...When I broke up with you, I didn't know what I was thinking, actually. I guess i was just overwhelmed with my feelings, and Alison being back was just too much to handle."

We ended our conversation after a few drinks, because she had to leave to visit her mom in the hospital. Her mom has lung cancer, and it's stage 3. So I feel really bad for her. I've acted really bad for the past couple of weeks. And I really regret it.

I just hope things will get better between Paige and I.